7 BMW Sauber 18

8 Renault 16

9 Force India-Mercedes 8

10 Toro Rosso-Ferrari 5

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Renault charged over alleged Singapore Grand Prix conspiracy

Representatives of the Renault Formula One team have been requested to appear before an extraordinary meeting of the FIA’s World Motor Sport Council (WMSC) in France later this month.

Renault have been called to answer charges that the team conspired with driver Nelson Piquet to cause a deliberate crash at the 2008 Singapore Grand Prix, with the aim of causing the deployment of the safety car to the advantage of their other driver, Fernando Alonso, who went on to win.

Piquet retired from Formula One racing’s inaugural night race after hitting the wall on Lap 14, just after Alonso, who had started on a light fuel load, had made his first pit stop. The subsequent safety-car period helped vault the Spaniard, originally 15th on the grid, to the front end of the field.

“The team asked me to push, which I tried to do and finally I lost the rear of my car,†was Piquet’s comment immediately after the race. The Brazilian is no longer with the team, having lost his drive in favour of Romain Grosjean last month.

Through their alleged actions, the charges against Renault include a breach of Article 151c of the International Sporting Code, which prohibits ‘any fraudulent conduct or any act prejudicial to the interests of any competition or to the interests of motor sport generally’.

The WMSC hearing will take place in Paris on September 21, the Monday preceding this year’s Singapore race. Renault will be making no commment prior to the hearing.

Bizarre ... :hmmm:

Force India told Ferrari they couldn't have his best driver.

Ferrari told Malya ... "Do you want to keep getting Ferrari engines or do you want to sleep with the fish?"

Guess who won.

Force India is using Mercedes engines this year.

I think they agreed just as Vijay Mallya said, they did it in order to “Fish†a chance to drive for Ferrari. I think I saw that compensation will be agreed later.

TH

Force India’s Vitantonio Liuzzi has spent almost two seasons as the team’s test driver, so what better place to finally get that race call-up than his home Grand Prix, where he steps into the seat of fellow Italian, the Ferrari-bound Giancarlo Fisichella.

After two previous outings with Toro Rosso at Monza, Liuzzi is no stranger to racing Formula One cars around the famous circuit, hence he is convinced he should have no trouble getting up to speed on his F1 return…

on Sunday:

FORMULA 1 GRAN PREMIO SANTANDER D'ITALIA MONZA

Force India told Ferrari they couldn't have his best driver.

Ferrari told Malya ... "Do you want to keep getting Ferrari engines or do you want to sleep with the fish?"

Guess who won.

Force India is using Mercedes engines this year.

I think they agreed just as Vijay Mallya said' date=' they did it in order to “Fish†a chance to drive for Ferrari. I think I saw that compensation will be agreed later.

TH

[/quote']

Force India has been talking about using Ferrari engines NEXT year. This makes it sound like they really will.

Force India used Ferrari engines last year and even though there was another year on the contract, they went to Mercedes for this year. The deal with Mercedes is suppose to be a multi year deal, but as shown by them terminating Ferrari in Nov-08, things can change.

Even if you are not running their engines, having Ferrari “owe you oneâ€Â, can’t be a bad place to be. Note that Force India (and Williams) have been reinstated into the Formula One Teams' Association (FOTA) yesterday after having been suspended for making a separate deal with Bernie

TH

Archived