I feel a storm approaching

skirtlifter

Living here in Bangkok I must confess I am more than concerned about what is happening in Thai politics. I feel a strange undercurrent (for want of a better phrase....and nothing to do with pissing on the toaster). It feels like something very soon will create a rip in the Thai 'fabric.' All hell may break loose. Thaksin's big mouth might do it or one too many bombs. Maybe the military :confused::dunno: will intervene. Maybe, maybe, maybe.

As quoted in 'The lord of the rings' movie, 'I can feel it in the water!'

Actually I see things as sort of continuing to just rock along. This is not really affecting 99% of the population. Obviously the military, at least under the current chief, is not going to intervene. They showed that last month. Can Thaksin incite his redshirts to start open civil war with the PAD? I doubt it. The militants in the PAD are a small minority (though rather vocal). The base support continues to be the middle class and if the red shirts go after them, they wonâ??t last long. So, what is the solution? In typical Thai fashion, there is none, you just adjust the current conditions and move along the best you can. I see that there are movements to just build a new Government house and just let the PAD have the old one. That sure would be a Thai solution wouldnâ??t it? Nobody wins, nobody loses. :hmmm:

TH

Archived