GM soon bankrupt

elef

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was me, I think -- unless Crash had a friend from Guatemala visit him in LoS too (could happen, I guess :dunno:). My friend said it was slang that meant "wanker," as in "one who masturbates excessively." He had many pictures taken next to one!

And of course, don't forget the Chevy NoVa! (means "it doesn't go" in Spanish)

Cheers,

SD

Now in the USA I am getting a front row seat of the melt down.

The news has had a HUGE laugh at the automotive CEOs that went to Washington, DC to beg for money...buy they EACH chartered their own private jets at a cost of $20K...what azzholes!!!

Can you say...kiss the bailout good bye :dunno:

I doubt that is true. Even back in the late 80s when I was spending a lot of time in Dearborn, Ford had several private jets and anyone (well, middle management & up) could use them to get to remote locations (e.g., Connersville, IN) quickly -- Why? Cuz it cost $500+/min back then if an assy line had to be stopped for any reason. Those planes ran on a loose schedule, but that schedule could be bumped by top brass. I'm sure GM & Chrysler had the same thing.

So looking at it that way, why waste money buying tickets on a plane when you already own a plane. And since these guys are paid $1,000s/hour, they saved money by flying on their schedule -- I wish they had a shitter on their exec chair cuz just think how much money it costs for them to go take a dump 5555555.

I'm disappointed that they didn't "plane-pool" tho'...that was a missed opportunity to show responsibility.

Cheers,

SD

Ford has a fleet of 6 private jets, no word how many jets the other automotive makers have.

The CEOs are begging for money but they do not do anything to tighten the belt?

Yes, the news also mentioned they could have flown commercial, 1st class for about $800...but the news priced all three, flying in their own private jets, costing a total of $20K....oppps....but they will want the union people to take pay cuts...what a deal,,,NOT!!!

Archived