any price cut or big sale during airport shut down?

roadpeople

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven't had any opportunity to check ST or LT prices, but I know some hotel prices are dropping. I saw the comments about Thai pricing, but the truth is that at some point supply and demand will drag down prices.

The Bangkok Post is reporting that a Bank of Thailand study has concluded that tourism could drop by 40% if this continues (link posted in another thread). Every BG I know is mad as hell at PAD; they may not be educated, but they aren't stupid. They recognize this is affecting their livilihood. Sooner or later this has to affect pricing.

"...Every BG I know is mad as hell at PAD; they may not be educated, but they aren't stupid. They recognize this is affecting their livilihood. Sooner or later this has to affect pricing..."

Could be, but damned near every bar girl I know has told me "Thaksin him vely goot..." So it could just be a place/excuse for blame.

Many of these girls fail to realize, they and the rest of Thailand has been pricing them out of a job for quite sometime. Factor in rampant inflation in Thailand over the passed few years combined with the weak world economy where the average punter has less to spend, and viola the shit we have now...of course the real fault is PAD, not greed on the part of any one involved...not picking a side, just stating part of the obvious.

Could be, but damned near every bar girl I know has told me "Thaksin him vely goot..."

And he will look better as PAD continues with its antics. Most BGs are from Issan, and that is how most people think in Issan. Now that PAD has effectively tanked tourism in Thailand, Thaksin will be more popular and PAD less popular with damn never BG who relies on Farangs for her income.

I thought Thaksin was bad news from the outset, but PAD is an absolute disaster. Even though he was corrupt, he was elected, and democracy does put a check on lunatic tactics. A democratically elected government would never have to do or do anything this crazy.

But PAD isn't answerable to the electorate, and therefore PAD doesn't give a rat's ass about what other Thais think. They don't have to worry about elections because they are not a political party. Indeed, their agenda is to end democracy in Thailand. They are quite candid about all of this.

Archived