GM tries to block corporate jet tracking

drogon

... and why weren't any of the banks receiving bailout money asked to sell their private jets, like a congressman asked the auto companies to do? If Congress wants to bail out the banks and not the auto industry, fine. I can make my own judgement call. Congress chose this 'why are you all flying here on private jets' thing to make it look like they were suddenly being real concerned about taxpayer dollars and to look tough against some corporate execs. Naturally, this makes good press and gullible citizens fall for this diversion. Now, everyone's talking about the auto companies private jets instead of say, the $20 billion to Citigroup after 25 just last month. Oh, and we'll take responsibilty for some $300 billion of your toxic assests, too.

Congress choose to bail out the banks and not the automakers. It's that simple. I'm not so much criticizing the way the auto execs had their feet held to the fire, than as to why the banks keep getting bailed out and their execs aren't treated with similar contempt.

BGTP,

May I suggest that your comments mat be slightly biased due to the fact that you make a living and finance your frequent long term SE Asian trips from the Executive Jet manufacturing industry.

If the Auto Industry isn't financed they cannot buy Exec Jets and your income affected :neener:

Tugging your chain mate, sorry if close to the truth.

555, you're right there, mate.

But actually my point is more that there are much greater issues out there that people (and the press) are giving less attention to than this. Again, I liked seeing the auto execs grilled, but wish the banking execs were grilled equally as hard (and they have corporate jets, too).

PS: If the political situation isn't resolved before my next visit (and I seriously hope it is), I may have to take a Gulfstream over and use the airport in Udon.

Archived