Midnite Bar - Poor Experience

ranma500

I popped in to Midnite Bar for a nightcap around 1.30.

A rather attractive young lady came and sat next to me and I bought her a drink.

She was a little quiet, but pleasant enough, and after a little while chatting, I asked her if she went home with customers, and she said that she did. I asked her how much for longtime, and she said 'up to you'. I asked her if she would accompany a customer long time for 2000 Baht, and she said that she could.

At this point, her friend sat on the other side of me. She was a little more confident and aggressive, but also quite cute.

I bought her a drink, and after downing a tequila, she said that she and her friend always went everywhere together. She said I should barfine them both.

I explained that I really wouldn't know what to do with two ladies, that I surely wouldn't have enough energy, and that I was way too poor to pay for the two of them.

She assured me that she could teach me what to do with two ladies, that they would do all the hard work, and that there could be a satisfactory financial arrangement.

She suggested 3000 Baht for the two of them longtime. If I wanted to take the first lady, I would have to take them both.

Well... I must say that I find that the fantasy of a 'menage a trois' rarely lives up to the expectations, I suspected that the more confident girl would end up taking control, and really I preferred my first choice. But at 3000 Baht for two ladies longtime, it seemed like an attractive offer.

I repeated it to them - 3000 Baht, two ladies, longtime - total.

Agreed.

The barfine was 700 Baht each, so I handed over 1400 Baht.

They went off to change.

When they came back, the second girl said, I'm sorry. I made a mistake. We can't both go for longtime for 3000 Baht. If you want longtime, you'll have to pay more.

I pointed out that only five minutes before, a clear deal had been made.

She said that she had 'poot pit', spoken incorrectly.

I said that it's not good to make a deal, then change your mind.

But she complained that it was just a mistake, and was quite indignant.

I suppose I could have offered more money, or suggested shorttime, or renegotiated, but really her attitude was no longer as attractive as it had been five minutes ago, and I felt that this was unacceptable.

I called the mamasan, and asked the girl to explain the situation. She explained truthfully that she had agreed to 3000 Baht for both of them, but only when she got upstairs did she realise that she had made a mistake, so she had told me.

I said that it wasn't a problem. If the mamasan could refund the barfine, I would be happy.

She said that she could not refund the barfine, because the machine was now shut, whatever that meant.

I remarked that she actually had a wad of thousand Baht notes in her hand, and that perhaps she could refund me from that, to which she laughed, and said that was different money.

So I said never mind, she could write me a note, and I would return next evening, when the machine wasn't shut.

She said that it wasn't the bar's fault. It was the girls' fault. The bar couldn't be responsible for the girls' mistakes.

I asked her if she was refusing to refund my barfine, and she said yes.

I could perhaps have made more of a fuss, refused to leave without refund etc., but I hate such confrontations, and I felt it unlikely that I would win such a stand-off.

I explained to the mamasang that I felt that she had cheated me, and that I would tell this story to my friends. Was she happy with that.

She replied that she hadn't cheated me, and what I said to my friends was up to me.

ranma

so how did the story end then? did you leave without the girls?

Of course not. He left with the two girls, the mamasan, a bunch of other half naked girls who jumped off the stage and chased after him, and did them all for free.

He just didn't want to brag about it. :)

Seriously, IMO, he simply reported a fucked up situation, handled it his own way without asking advice on how he should have better handled it or broadcasting a major "SCAM ALERT."

Well done to the OP. :beer:

Please, let's not all start giving him advice now. :cover:

Could be, but damned near every bar girl I know has told me "Thaksin him vely goot..."

Agree, and when these sorts of scams happen, they should be reported. It helps us consumers make choices about what bars we want to frequent.

Kudos to the OP for posting this. Incidentally, that is also how I would probably handle something like this. No point in getting into a shouting match with mama-san in go go bar (it could get ugly fast), and raising it on forums like this is probably the best way to identify these sorts of problems with bars.

If we see a pattern of posts like this about a particular bar, we know to avoid that bar.

Archived