Things we can add to this arts and culture forum

Central Scrutinizer

I feel we can add quite a lot of info and pics and other interesting things to this area to help KS expand the site and expand the sphere of interest to attract more Thai360 readers and posters to the site. The healthier the site, the better for us all. Here are some threads I will start or hope that others will start (as it does take a bit of time and everyone could chip in some help). As we all have our areas of expertise and interest let's see what we can all come up with to make this the best site for these things.

1.) a thread on muay Thai boxing - history, pics, rules, areanas where one can watch this, boxing camps and gyms where one can learn or train, etc.

2.) a thread on Thai postage stamps, with pics, info where one can buy, worth/cost, rarity, etc.

3.) a thread on Thai amulets, with pics, info and where you can buy, info on fakes and authentic, etc.

4.) a thread for and by collectors of Thai coins and money, with pics, info on this hobby, where you can buy these old coins and bills, etc.

5.) a thread on Thai art, modern, antique, murals, sculpture, where to buy all, etc.

6.) a thread on Thai sports and sports figures. Aside from Muay Thai there are a few sports that are unique to Thailand.

7.) a thread on Thai games, Thai style checkers, Thai style chess, how to play instructions, please add any more games you know of and any info on these (krataw?, etc.)

8.) a thread on Thai 'games of chance', card games, dice games, etc. Rules and how to play, how to bet, etc.

9.) a thread on ancient Thai battles, generals, kings, where the battles and war are of interest as they changed the Thai/Siam culture and direction and influence.

10.) a thread on Thai archaeology, places of interest, geneaology, history of the people Tai and others now making up the Thai people/kingdom. Also included would be the anthropological info on the Tai people.

11.) old bar girl pics, bar pics, etc. would be of interest to some here I would think. :-)

All this stuff and much more can be added over some time to greatly expand our Thai arts and culture forum. Please start your own threads, add to others already started, and think up other areas of interest we could include here. Give it a think and see what you can add. Many here have diverse interests on Thailand and its people and culture. Let's bang heads and see what we can come up with.

Cent

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually the way the layout is I think with all these posts good posts will get swamped.

As we don;t have a gallery I made a point of "Rural Pics" thread - but already people have deviated off it. Not quite sure whether to post more pics i the threads just get swallowed with lots and lots of threads.

CTO,

"Actually the way the layout is I think with all these posts good posts will get swamped."

As it is on much of the board, no? It's one of the negatives of a board like this.

"As we don;t have a gallery I made a point of "Rural Pics" thread"

Which I thought was a great idea, and a wonderful opportunity for others to place their own 'rural' themed pics in as well, since we no longer have the original pic forum. It definitely adds loads to the board and is very interesting to see as well as read the comments from those looking at these pics.

"- but already people have deviated off it."

Yes, which got me to thinking (always a dangerous thing for me) that maybe we could widen the scope and also start more specific threads on some of these subjects with related pics to keep things less cluttered in these threads and make things easier to post to and to find what interests you.

"Not quite sure whether to post more pics i the threads just get swallowed with lots and lots of threads."

????? Isn't that the point of a forum? To have threads under a head title and the subtitled subject matter this would fall under? Atrs and culture of Thailand covers a lot of ground and will have many seperate forum threads on the differing subjects I'd think.

Just my thoughts on it.

Cent

Yeah - but your thread of temples could go in there - point is in a few days of stamp/muay thau/coin collecting and Morlum threads, the threads with decent pics will be gone from the page lost to the new people you want to attract.

Archived