Belgian chocolate prohibited in China

drogon

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fascism is about using force to control others, not about passing moral judgement on others. Nor is fascism about choosing one's own associations based on moral judgements. The left wants to label everyone who believes in right and wrong a "fascist". This is because leftism is utterly cynical and nihilistic. Morality is the enemy of leftism just as truth is the enemy of lies.

I would say a large portion of the blame is on US (for example) companies that do not QA the product as needed.

These cheap azz companies don't want to spend the $$$ to station a reliable person in China to do the WA, so that's what you get, shite products!

China can produce quality products but you have to monitor them like crazy and that adds cost, IMO.

Yes Chinese QA/QC sucks (although they tried to improve it)...

Ans yes this is a common problem for emerging countries in Asia and yes this is the foreign's companies fault when their production units are concerned (but this is the Chinese's fault whent it is about their own factories).

India, Thailand, Vietnam have the same problems and it makes me happy because -> this is what gives me a job.

I would say a large portion of the blame is on US (for example) companies that do not QA the product as needed.

These cheap azz companies don't want to spend the $$$ to station a reliable person in China to do the WA, so that's what you get, shite products!

China can produce quality products but you have to monitor them like crazy and that adds cost, IMO.

:yeahthat::bow: :bow: I've been yelling this for years, but the companies I used to consult for would not listen -- why I got out of that biz!

Cheers,

SD

Fascism is about using force to control others, not about passing moral judgement on others. Nor is fascism about choosing one's own associations based on moral judgements. The left wants to label everyone who believes in right and wrong a "fascist". This is because leftism is utterly cynical and nihilistic. Morality is the enemy of leftism just as truth is the enemy of lies.

Yes, it's so hard to see the left take a moral stand on anything. Particularly on war, shared resources, trade, child welfare, healthcare.

It's a bit immature to cite China's trade practices as immoral though while ignoring the transgressions of the "civilized" world. Drug testing in developing nations... funding civil wars to improve trade conditions... the tobacco industry... The IMF... Don't try and paint a fantasy picture where the Chinese are inherently immoral and the rest of us are civilized.

Anyway, focusing on the moral deficiency of the Chinese misses the picture. The way capitalism works best when dealing with this stuff is to punish the people who are most likely to be financially hurt. If your laptop's battery explodes, you sue Dell, not the rinky-dink battery manufacturer.

Yes, it's so hard to see the left take a moral stand on anything. Particularly on war, shared resources, trade, child welfare, healthcare.

It is not so difficult, but perhaps too difficult for you, to distinguish among leftists' rhetoric, leftists' stated and actual intentions, and the real truth of leftism. Just because some smelly, doped-up, sanctimonious prat is droning on and on about "shared resources" etc., that doesn't mean he has any genuine moral sense whatsoever. Neither does it mean that all leftist "morality" is not a cynical and evil subterfuge, regardless of the understanding and intentions of any number of sneering undergraduates or firebomb-hurling poseurs.

It's a bit immature to cite China's trade practices as immoral though while ignoring the transgressions of the "civilized" world. Drug testing in developing nations... funding civil wars to improve trade conditions... the tobacco industry... The IMF... Don't try and paint a fantasy picture where the Chinese are inherently immoral and the rest of us are civilized.

It is your comprehension that is immature, not my rhetoric. Spout off all of the vague leftist buzzwords you will, China's trade practices are immoral, whatever any particular letist twit is imagining when he incants the words "tobacco industry". The Chinese are inherently far more immoral than not, as are most societies. I don't know where you get off about "the rest of us", my list of societies that are significantly less immoral than the average is quite short indeed.

Anyway, focusing on the moral deficiency of the Chinese misses the picture. The way capitalism works best when dealing with this stuff is to punish the people who are most likely to be financially hurt. If your laptop's battery explodes, you sue Dell, not the rinky-dink battery manufacturer.

Uh...you've totally lost me here. What does this have to do with China's actions against Belgium?

Archived