A Lot Has Changed.. or is it just me!

ChristianTroy

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I meant coming from Point A to Point B

traffic jams and all that stuff is something I don't really need nor enjoy!

Therefore lil Pattaya is perfect, 10 minutes max no matter where you go!

Ah ok, I see. But where do you go in Bangkok that you get stuck in traffic? These days I use taxis if on Sukhumvit, since they usually can zip from Nana to Cowboy in about 2 minutes, at just 50B or so. Why wait for Skytrain or walk if it's that cheap. If I ever went up to Ratchadapisek or somehwere, I'd take the subway now. Rare. Where else, besides Patpong?

You're still obsessed with Living Dolls Showcase, talking as if it has the best talent out there. I've never seen a girl I'd want to fuck in there and the bar is boring!

I haven't been to Pattaya for a while myself but was there every month for a year and that bar wasn't even on the map. Peppermint, What's Up, Supergirl... about a thousand other bars... all had better talent.

Ah ok' date=' I see. But where do you go in Bangkok that you get stuck in traffic? These days I use taxis if on Sukhumvit, since they usually can zip from Nana to Cowboy in about 2 minutes, at just 50B or so. Why wait for Skytrain or walk if it's that cheap. If I ever went up to Ratchadapisek or somehwere, I'd take the subway now. Rare. Where else, besides Patpong?

[/quote']

I hear ya and understand what you are saying, Wendella. I agree on NEP and Cowboy but what if I want to go to Hollywood because I feel like it? That can take some time, what if Hollywood sucks this day and I wanna go to Qbar from there? BKK can be great if you arrange yourself and pick your route but freedom is different.

See in Pattaya it is pretty much condensed to one street, i have 3 packed clubs in a walking distance of 300 meters, i have a couple other, not so "touristy" clubs in a range of 2000 meters, lets face it Pattaya is not a big city and as for the traffic, right now there is none and back in the days when the streets been jammed up i drove myself with a motorbike or even a motorbike taxi. Currently I am in North Pattaya near Soi 1, it takes me 7 minutes to walking street with a baht bus, it used to take me 10 minutes with a baht bus from Soi 13. There er just not many people here right now.

You're still obsessed with Living Dolls Showcase, talking as if it has the best talent out there. I've never seen a girl I'd want to fuck in there and the bar is boring!

I haven't been to Pattaya for a while myself but was there every month for a year and that bar wasn't even on the map. Peppermint, What's Up, Supergirl... about a thousand other bars... all had better talent.

You never saw me obsessing :-)

It is plain and simple a matter of taste. LD Showcase has a broad selection of unusual looking girls while MOST of the other bars have the same same type of girls.

Supergirls has a very nice reputation and whenever I go there I am feeling like in a bar catering Japanese men. I find it ultimately boring there even when some of the girls are very good looking but after 3 beers they look all the same to me.

Peppermint, drinks are on me if you'd still like it. It is at best average now, i was never a big fan of it before but I am willing to admit they had some lovely girls there and the temper and mood in this bar is a-okay. Having said that... the girls are not pretty at the moment and the same goes for happy.

Whats Up

it might be the funniest bar with a lot of nice girls, i totally agree with you about this bar. I actually wrote an report right after it opened when they barely had girls. The concept was just great and the girls been funny and alive, no wonder it is packed every night.

The girls being alive is a major thing for me. You can easily go into 20 bars and you literally believe the girls on stage are frozen. :-)

• 2 weeks later...

Nice to see you back CT! I think you're very qualified to see the decline in pattaya. But its unavoidable as word of mouth spreads and more 1st time mongers visit a 'sure hit' place. More 1st timers are being suckered into sponsoring , higher prices etc thus the decline in stunners working for peanuts. The local authorities milking the situation clearly doesnt help as more and more bars open with no 'QC'

I've not done Bangkok in years and but have not hear or seen anything positive since my last visit more than 7 years ago!

On the positive side , with tourism and the economy down down in thailand , we could see a return to the wild west as pattaya was as recent as 10 years ago!

OR we could see another town sprouting up as the 'new' pattaya! We've seen how prices in phuket have more or less driven the mongering scene to a standstill (still there but no real expansion beyond patong) so maybe another island/beach area between bangkok and phuket?

Bibblies, are you *still* living the high life in LOS ? Man, I've been back in Oz for 5 months, working for the man, and you are still living every man's dream ? More power to you.

Seeing this thread makes me smile somewhat ruefully, as I distinctly remember a thread from June/July crowing about what a happening place Pattaya was, and how much better it was than overpriced BKK. Girls were going LT for a thousand baht while the asking price in BKK was anywhere from 2 to 4K and everyone (in Pattaya) was having a ball. I commented that the pendulum seems to swing back and forth, and it would seem that it has done so roughly six months after that post.

Sad to hear that things are still so quiet in BKK tho - had a report that a bar owner I knew is in deep financial trouble and looks like losing both his bars : expect that he must be one of many. Some really good advice is given on this board, but 'never buy a bar' has to be at the top of the pyramid for mine - I think I've ignored most of the other good advice. :smirk:

Gobble, who still has his wallet and passport :content:

ATL, I know there are 'lies, damned lies and statistics', but the numbers point to Brazil being the No. 1 destination for punters right now. I'm a long way from being an expert on the migration habits of single males in search of sex, but Thailand hasnt exactly had the welcome mat out of late. Add the 'been there, done that' attitude that many would have to places like Pattaya and AC, I can see why things might get tougher before they get better. Last time I was in Pattaya (July 2008), there were more Farang families than single guys on the streets - it was a holiday, but weird nonetheless.

For those who wonder where the girls have gone, of the seven girls from the bar I 'lived in' for two months, only two are left. Two work in a restaurant, one sells noodles, one lost the plot and was fired and one went to Norway with her BF. One of my favourites from a nearby bar simply went back to her province - packed her suitcase and left with nothing more than a phone call to her friend - and I believe that this has been increasingly common as the season wore on. It sounds like the Serengetti waiting for rain after months of drought....

With the stories of layoffs in the factories, rural Thailand may be seeing a lot more of its sons and daughters.

its a matter of taste that decides which destination is no.1. For me , its a no brainer coz I live only 2 hrs away from bangkok by air and my return tickets cost under USD100.

I would love to visit Brazil but I'll never spend half my holiday money and a whole daysitting on the flight/s alone but some falangs do it so .......... maybe in terms of dedication , thailand and phillipines beat Brazil.

FYI , I've been to venezuala so I have seen for myslef how S.Americian women are shaped just a little better than the thais! :smirk:

Archived