A Lot Has Changed.. or is it just me!

ChristianTroy

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A little off topic here but.

Where DO the gals go?

What happens to the gals over time who did or used to work on 'Main Street'?

It'll make sense to me that the obvious good ones, willing to marry a farang are doing just that. Back in the days it didn't really matter, lots of new girls arrived everyday. Since I believe a girl doesn't start working in a bar on their day of arrival they are checking the turf, ending up in one of the Clubs like Lucifer, Marine and Insomnia and probably realize that it doesn't need gogo dancing to get a customer, also they could still pretend not to be one of those "cheap" A Go Go Girls!

The Quality at Insomnia is impressing, too bad it's starting so late and the place is too packed with people but I guess that is how Pattaya is evolving to unless the bars are willing to hire them for a significant salary which will most likely do no good for the entire city since not every bar can afford to pay that and it will draw an even greater difference in quality which can't be good for the smaller bars.

The decline of the quality of the girls in the beer bars and a gogo is ongoing for the last 5-6 years with this trend being put on hold for 2-3 years while the big discos had to close at 1 or 2 am due to the social order madness. It accelerated over the past of couple years with opening hours being pushed further and further and multiple new clubs opening (Europe, ocean 10, bali hali disco, insomnia, walking street, hammerâ?¦.) back in 2003 there were just Marine 1 and then marine 2 and Tonyâ??s. Lucifer has been absolutely empty til 2004.

I totally agree with you that places like Lucifer and Insomnia are not only too packed but also too dark and loud too see and chat up girls. But it seems that younger clientele wants it that way as especially these places are packed all year. A self-imposed 4am closing wouldnâ??t be a bad thing at all. Again I just recommend you to come to Bangkok, quality is much better these days.

I am not a big fan of BKK either, takes too much time to get from A to B and what I have seen last week wasn't that much of a difference to be honest!

However it is going to be interesting how it will evolve. The must silly thing was to clear out Beach Road from the LadyBoys because now that's all you see on walking street and I am pretty sure that is not going to help either. I am astonished how many of them are there right now, that's gonna be at least 300 - 400 and probably 20 of them getting a guy drunk enough to not see the difference. They should consider of banning them and by that I don't mean that they have to sit in the back of the bus, I mean Walking Street is pure business and these LBs are hurting it a lot.

Self Imposed closing hours probably wont work, as it is lost money and especially the club owners who now experience newly grown wealth won't wanna give that up.

It's gonna interesting where it is going to evolve, when you check out places that used to be on the top of the food chain and see what's doing the Pattaya Shuffle on stage now you get the idea that some people haven't noticed the transition in their clubs. Most likely the bars will hire less girls and pay higher salaries for the pretty ones. When you check out Living Dolls Showcase you still see most of their top girls, many of them left to another bar for a while and all came and asked for their jobs back because they get payed a decent salary and get good tips.

I am not a big fan of BKK either, takes too much time to get from A to B and what I have seen last week wasn't that much of a difference to be honest!

Do you mean it takes too long to go from one PLACE to another, or that it takes too long to get a girl where you want her (in your hotel room, I suppose).

If you mean going around Bangkok, I wonder where you would go that would take a long time. For me, Patpong isn't worth the trip, I just stick to Sukhumvit, and everything is in a pretty small area there. A taxi from Soi 3 to Soi Cowboy takes about 2 minutes.

Archived