magic jack??

sanyar

My buddy has one of these phones and dongle on his laptop, with it he calls the states at no cost. He says it does not work for europe, anyone know one that does as he saves a packet on call charges. I have used it and it works fine, except for a slight delay at times.

My buddy has one of these phones and dongle on his laptop, with it he calls the states at no cost. He says it does not work for europe, anyone know one that does as he saves a packet on call charges. I have used it and it works fine, except for a slight delay at times.

I have heard many extremely conflicting reviews on this product, more bad ones than good. Also everything I've read is that Magic Jack is pretty much USA specific.

Personally I would go with proven technology like Skype. Skype is free for PC to PC calls, and there is a variety of handsets, headsets, and phones available. If both PC's have webcams, you can see each other.

Skype is able to send and receive calls from landline phones (at rates much cheaper than phone companies), and has far better support globally than Magic Jack.

Might be initially a little bit more work (you have to download and install the software), but I think you will have less headaches in the long run.

I'm looking forward to my upcoming Thailand trip. I bought an MSI Wind mini-notebooks (has a built in webcam), and I'll be calling my buddies in the States via webcam in Thailand! (Assuming I can find a fast enough WiFi connection... 2 way video is kinda bandwith heavy)

-=/NN

Archived