WooHoo Lions! We're #1!

Yes that was quite an accomplishment. The most interesting story of the regular season. Bit strange rooting for a team to lose week in, week out, simply in hopes of them reaching that inauspicious milestone.

Philly kicking the Cowboy's butts today was kind of fun too. I'm not a big fan of TO, Jerry Jones or the criminals he signs. I'm not an Eagles fan either, but the Cowboys are pretty easy to hate. :)

Of course, living in LA, I have no team to root for at all. Go 8-8 Chargers!

Maybe, but the prospect of being drafted might scare many of the "high profile" QB's back to school for one more year. Colt McCoy is already going back to Texas. Let's see if Bradford decides that "one more year" at Oklahoma might be better than winding up in Detroit. There were of course rumors that Detroit would go after Cassell from the Patriots, but the Lions are not known for "paying" for talent so I think he might be overpriced. At least they won't draft another wide receiver this year (I hope).

Realistically, in Detroit, it's not a problem being a good QB or not, it's having time to get the ball off without getting killed. It's was not an accident that the Lions lost 4 QB's to injury at some time this year: Kitna, Stanton (in practice), Orlovsky, and Culpepper.

HH:

You remained loyal to the Rams even during the ownership of Georgia Frontandrear?

I'm assuming you're from LA, and even I jumped off the Rams' bandwagon when Al Davis came to town and won a Superbowl.

I liked coach Donahue but I couldn't stand the organization after she 'allegedly' had her husband killed, moved the team to Disneyland and then St. Louis. And Ray Malavasi, even though he took the Rams to a Super Bowl in 1979 was a complete dickhead, IMHO.

Of course, that means I'm left with no bandwagon at all now and root for the Chargers, even though I don't expect them to go far in the playoffs.

Archived