beautiful actresses?.

sayjann

Sayjann

I (for once) understood well the "theme" of the thread but, having endured for two years cinematography courses from the begining of cinema until 1980 at uni and having seen probably quite a few thousands of movies starting, I must confess that although plenty of B&W actresses were damn charming and of course some were very great actresses -> none was exactly to my tastes.

I probably, like worldfun, loves the Korean "new wave" and other Asian productions because of various factors.

Thinking about it, I believe that this is the capacity of Asian actresses to subtly transmit emotions -> while the western cinema has to express things far too obviously...

Something very important about the beauty of many Asian actresses (especially Japanese, HK and Korean) is they are as beautiful "natural" as on magazine photos...

When younger saw quite a few western actresses and they are sometimes downright ugly without makeup etc... or they are just normal cute women.

I suppose the beauty of an actress for me resides in her face and especially her eyes and the ability to express opinions the viewer can perceive only with her eyes....

At first, Asian eyes could all look the same but I definitely claim that many Asian good actresses (and beautiful) have the most beautiful eyes I ever saw in movies, unlike our western dead fish.

:beer:

About Korean movies: (and beautiful actresses)

Some are almost conventional K dramas but with a "touch", while others are totally out of the ordinary, of course the actresses have a something special...

Comedy/K dramas: But not too stupid and with something touching: 200 Pounds Beauty, , Marrying the Mafia II, my wife is a gangster 3, Cyborg girl (cyborg she), my mighty princess, all about women...

K dramas? Welcome to Dongmakgol (really an OVNI), BABO, My Girl and I, il mare, My Sassy Girl, Love Phobia, windstruck, a moment to remember, solace...

Action/war: Taegukgi, shiri, silmido...

Special, strange: Virgin Stripped Bare by Her Bachelors, the isle (really one of the most original movies I ever was), the scarlett letters

There is something which amazed me with a very few Asian movies, I was almost about to cry...

Although I grew up in the west, been educated by western parents I must admit that I never had "tears" in my eyes for any movie produced by the western cinema -> almost happened with a very few Asian movies...(especially Korean ones)

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Meiko Kaji

Gene Tierney

Edwige Fenech

Jane Fonda (in Barbarella)

Anita Pallenberg

Yvonne Craig (as Batgirl in the 60's Batman TV series)

Qi Shu

Amy Yip

Valerie Leon

Soledad Miranda

Jane Birkin

Gloria Guida

Diana Rigg (as Emma Peel in The Avengers)

Sorry, I have to negate Jane Fonda from any list for anything except under the heading - Traitor.

But, Bridget Fonda is stunning !

Archived