hotel prices seem down!!

keith doug

From the website copy:

[color:blue]There is no lack of Hotels in Bangkok in Thailand that aptly accommodate the guests and present them with a wonderful stay. There are several tourists visiting here every where so the hotels do brisk business throughout the year. The Millennium Sukhumvit Hotel in Bangkok is one of the best hotels that the city has to offer and enjoys a good guest flow. [/color]

Sounds like Thailand is expecting a serious drop in tourism in 2009, down from several million to "several." :surprised:

was just looking at some hotel prices in bangkok and they seem down one hotel was 1650 bhats 31oct08-30oct09 NOW says 1200 bhats 31oct 08-30 oct 09 emmmm,,, credit crunch!!

Bet it didn't say "bhats@ for sure - if you read it more closely you would have seen "Baht! Please try to get the currency of the country correct!

During the last several days I've been looking to book a room for a couple coming in to BKK next week for a 6 night stay.

I've been looking on the internet in the 4star range, through various travel agents, as well as on hotel web-sites and I can tell you that I've been surprised at how few "deals" there are to be had.

I had expected many serious discounted offers, but found very few.

Ended up booking them into the Amari Boulevard, because they "offered" an upgrade......BFD!!!

I'd suggest trying the "walk in" and haggle method.

If anyone knows of any sites that are offering serious discounts, please post them.

Archived