fast course in driving in LOS

passingthru69

Well on this trip here,my wife used her money she saved working with me.

She bought a car,well small suv.

Any how I have not been wanting to drive here,due to the accidents I see and the traffic.Plus they drive on the wrong side of the road. :smirk:

Any how this morning my wife is telling me the one aunt, she's 81. is really sick.

I ask ok how bad.Bad, she replies. Ok have your brother drive her to hospital.

No he's afaird to drive worrying about aunt.

Well guess who gets a fast course in driving here?

1 sick aunt and 4 thais. Trying to tell me how to get to hospital.

I find it ok. No problem. Just follow the signs. They had had them in english.

Well aunt is back home now. I think she ate some bad food. Younger brother in law also not doing good today.

Now they all think I can drive them any where.Yea Ha

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well this was Bang Pong.

Thank goodness not Bangkok. Had to make another trip tonight. Traffic a little more. Aunt got a little worse, So I opened my mouth and said let's take her back to doctor. Market traffic was fun.

What is it,that most motor bikes do'nt have any tail lights?

Are they trying to save power on the battery :)

Well, we have insurance. All 3 motorbikes have that also.

I just worry, if stopped what about drivers license?

I got one from the state. Good for all vechies except busses.

I drive for a living in the states.

Just worry about getting stopped around here.

One american I met that lives here said do'nt worry as police here don't speak that good of english.

He can say that that. He has Thai. license for motorbike and one for car.

On a motorcycle in Chiang Mai, I've never been stopped for anything other than not wearing a helmet. The last time I was stopped for that, I was also given a seperate ticket for having an expired vechile licence. I'm sure its a little different in Bangkok for Cavanami. The last time I was driving from C.M. to Pattaya, I was stopped just on the other side of a tollbooth because my wife wasn't wearing her seatbelt. He then gave me additional tickets for not having a Thai/international drivier's licence (this has been the only time any police officer has ever commented on my U.S. licence) and another ticket for having too much stuff in the back of my pick up truck, without tying it down (I don't think that suitcses will blow out of the back of a pick up at 110 k). He wanted 2,000 baht and I ended up paying him 500 baht. If you can negociate the price on the spot and pay him, he won't keep your driver's licence. If you get the ticket, he will keep the driver's licence and you have to pick it up at the local police station.

Archived