Farang and look kreung wanted for gameshow

waerth

As most will now by now I am on Thai tv from time to time, play comedy and play in movies.

Sometimes when a production house is looking for a character they call me to see if I can have one of my "friends" go.

This time I got a call from someone at Workpoint Entertainment. For a gameshow on Channel 7 they are looking for a male foreigner (caucasian) in the 50-70 age range with a half-Thai/half western kid or nephew of around 8 years old.

Both need to speak English at least, speaking Thai especially for the kid would be an asset. If you know someone please contact me by PM.

Also since I get these calls every now and then if you are interested in appearing on Thai TV please contact me by PM as well and I will keep your details on file in case someone calls for another part. Age, sex, size do not matter.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This time I got a call from someone at Workpoint Entertainment. For a gameshow on Channel 7 they are looking for a male foreigner (caucasian) in the 50-70 age range with a half-Thai/half western kid or nephew of around 8 years old.

Sounds like they're trying to set someone up for ridicule, as they usually do to falang on Thai TV. All they need is an Isan mother to make the set-up complete.

And how many tv series, gameshows etc have you been in?

In a gameshow they usually joke with all contestants. Regardless of race/background.

Loosely translated the name of the show is something like: How well do you know your relative.

Hi,

"Anyone who has ever watched Thai TV can see that farangs are the target of ridicule."

Maybe you should watch a bit more Thai TV (I know, I wouldn't want to either :) ). There are at least 2 soaps that I remember my wife watching in which a farang had a leading role (in one the main male role). Some of the roles waerth has had on TV have also been serious or if funny, his character gave as much ridicule as he got.

Not saying farangs are never portrayed in the role you are describing, but it certainly is the case all the time.

Sanuk!

Archived