Suk Road Dead

youngfarang

I know!

I too am very disappointed by Sookyville these days.

First the bar expansion zone was demolished by Thaksins boys, then the nice bars in the middle of Sukumvit were swallowed up and never seen again.

Buckskin Joes complex (under the bridge), where a lot of fresh and nice girls just new to the scene would appear was closed down.

For me the good nightlife sections of Bangkok are either gone or changed.

A shame really.

Maybe, just maybe there will be renaissance of the bar scene with the new PM being a liberal democrat. :)

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw Sukhumvit change a lot within a few years.

I remember the first time I landed in BKK, suk wasn't too crowded (except near NEP), NEP was as dirty but was crowded, not as many illegal shop stalls and certainly not up to Asoke, very few freelancers, far less tailor shops.

I loved the opportunity to meet some friends who happened to be in the area but I always disliked the "drunken crowds of rude farangs with their most beautiful BG in tow" populating the area...

I always liked Sukhumvit, from soi 1 up until soi 100 + something...

But I believe I never liked suk like YF as not crazy enough to take drugs in Thailand and no taste for being drunk on sukhumvit pavement at 3am....

I suppose everyone "good old days" are different but I guess that YF might have been the young drunk farang whom I always met when I went to buy my "subway sandwich at NEP branch...

Archived