What bike do you ride?

Ryder

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Last proper bike I had was a Ducati 996SPS when I lived in KL in the mid-90s. Now, I have a back-soi moped: a Kawasaki Kaze 110. It gets to 70kph at full throttle with my fat arse on it...weeeehaaaaa!!!!

But I'm looking at a used Honda Bros 650. Seems a good steed, even for a couple. Opinions?

thumb_1231860129-bros650.jpg

However, Ms Vampirella may overrule and get us into a used Toyota Crown -- a fairly large 4-door automobile, for nearly the same price (I admit, her logic is not nearly entirely wrong). Or maybe I'll win and we'll just keep on taxi-ing/training it in the city and renting a car for our trips outside of the BKK Metro area and find a fun bike to play with... :dunno:

Cheers,

SD

In the day we sweat it out in the streets of a runaway american dream

At night we ride through mansions of glory in suicide machines

Sprung from cages out on highway 9,

Chrome wheeled, fuel injected and steppin out over the line

Baby this town rips the bones from your back

Its a death trap, its a suicide rap

My mate Zob65 (a BM and occassional poster) drives a Triumph Bonneville in Bangkok. 850cc I think. Now that's a real bike. :bow:

P.S. Apparently the Bonneville is named after the Bonneville Salt Flats in the state of Utah, USA, where Triumph and other motorcycle companies made attempts on the world motorcycle speed records. I did not know that. :surprised:

A 16-year old Honda Dream, in superb condition, for local use. Bought the old moto cheap and overhauled it; kamoys never give it a glance.

Also a Suzuki XC 250 Djebel. It's taken me on/off-road all over Cambo, Thailand and Laos to the Chinese border.

Archived