AIS 1-2 Call help needed

Damen

I picked up a 1-2 call Net sim at MBK last week and they guy set it up so the instructions are in english but the only thing he showed me how to do is check my balance.

Does anyone know how to set up global roaming? I've looked at the website but couldn't find a contact number. Their site doesn't render very well on the phone, so it may be there but I get a lot of black boxes where text should be.

I need to fly to Manila next week and would like to have the roaming just for emergency calls.

Also I got the 30 hour net access pack but don't know how to check my net usage, only my phone balance.

Not sure...mine just sort of roams...I turn it on here, and it rings...once in awhile, it tells me how to make a call from outside the country (Thailand). Expensive, so you may need to top it (way) up before you go...unless they sell the cards in PI?

If you go under the phone settings, there might be options there for roaming...or else go back to the shop.

Most US carriers require that you "enable" global roaming and do not set it up by default.

I found an thread on flyer talk regarding AIS prepaid and it appears you have to email to request it be enabled.

I've fired off my email and hopefully will receive a response before I fly out tomorrow.

As OH states, the calls are pretty expensive at around US 2$ from the Philippines but since I'll only be there a couple days it dosent make much sense to get a Philippine sim.

Archived