Phuket Murder

shygye

back on topic since this is quite an 'interesting' murder as it was a thai (apparently?) who apparently may not have been immune to the often here discussed/joked about 'TGF/TW' reasons of murders for farangs only here the farang connection is a restaurant by that very name ;)

I understand the police have as of yet not determined the cause, but as usual it may be wise to take the initial reports with a grain of salt, but giving 'relationship' or 'business' as possible causes seem to be wide ranging enough to cover most murders :rolleyes:

Anyway Bangkok has a branch of 'farang' as well (near 'north park') which I've enjoyed several times & indeed last night I planned to again only as we heard the owner was murdered we correctly assumed it may perhaps be closed which it was :(

Who wants to buy? :hmmm:

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Speaking of murder there is a woman here in Australia who was tried and convicted for murdering her husband

after he disappeared.

After serving 14 years of a life sentence she was released on parole only to track him and

the woman he ran off with down.

Her claim now is that she can legally walk up and shoot him dead and there is nothing can be done as she cannot

be tried for the same crime twice.

Will be interesting to see how this one plays out as she seems keen on testing the theory.

This reminds me of a great short story I read once called "Time in advance".

The basis of the story was you could serve your sentence at 50% time reduction,then commit the crime! :cool:

A couple of weeks ago in my neck of the woods,a guy had been drinking and driving and had the eventual accident.

The next day,the guy who's car he hit somehow found out where he lived and paid him a visit with three friends and murdered him.

They've all got twenty years.

This is true. Recall the case involving the son of a certain former Interior Minister where an off duty police officer was killed in front of dozens of witnesses. He never served any prison time, and I believe his army rank - which had been pulled - was restored.

The guy had deserted - which is an unpardonable offense. But Samak reinstated him anyway, even though the guy had never even held a commission. He was only an acting 2nd LT.

Remember the Kiwi auditor who found that billions had gone missing from a rice mill - and got gunned down? No convictions in the case. :dunno:

Witnesses always sort of seem to "forget" when asked to testify.

Archived