Phuket Murder

shygye

I've known at least four people who were murdered. One was a professor killed in an apparent "fag bashing" in San Francisco, another a very close family friend executed gangland style during a robbery in Chicago, and the others friends killed in hits ordered by their wives (Tennessee and Alabama). The world is a very violent place ... everywhere.

I know what you mean. Crack hit hard about the time I graduated HS. After a few years I didn't call home as much because I would hear 'Remember such and such? Got shot...' Unfortunately, knew a few that were on the other side of the gun and one got life without parole at 28 years old. Killed a guy during a robbert. Life sentence at 28! Deserved but when you knew the person as a happy go lucky kid, you tend to think its that person that is doing life.

Sorry to hear of your losses Flash.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Investigators said possible motives of the murder were conflicts involving business or relationships.

This may sound facetious but its a serious question. Seems as long as you don't open a business and you let your wife think you just have enough of an income for a modest living you are relatively safe?

Investigators said possible motives of the murder were conflicts involving business or relationships.

This may sound facetious but its a serious question. Seems as long as you don't open a business and you let your wife think you just have enough of an income for a modest living you are relatively safe?

Being killed by thieves is another possibility.

Two teenagers arrested by police have reportedly confessed to the stabbing murder of 53-year-old Norwegian Simen Sparre Knudsen on September 23' date=' along with several other armed robberies of foreign tourists driving motorbikes alone late at night.

A source from Chalong Police, who requested that his name not be printed, identified the two suspects as 18-year-old Narongsak â??Sakâ? Tongviset and his half-brother Pong, 16, whose full name cannot be printed because he is a minor.

Both youths are registered as residents of Surat Thaniâ??s Phunphin District, but live in Kathu, where their common father is a taxi driver.

A third suspect, 18-year-old Theerapat Saivaree, remains at large. Police said he is originally from Satun Province, but has lived in Phuket for many years. Police believe he is hiding somewhere on the island.

After their arrests, the brothers admitted to using the same approach in this robbery that they had in previous attacks: arriving on two motorbikes, parking on a dark section of road late at night, and [b']yelling abuse at their target - always a foreign tourist[/b] alone on a motorbike.

If the tourist slowed down or stopped, they would force him or her from the motorcycle, then beat the victim into submission using Thai boxing skills that all three had acquired from a local Muay Thai camp. They would then rob the tourist of all valuables, steal the motorbike and ride off on it, they said.

I don't remember the name of a the forum fellow, but he lived with his Thai GF in an apartment (Pattaya?) and the GF pissed a neighbor off for some minor reason. Anyway, the neighbor threatened both several times and in the end they had to move since their feared for their life.

I don't remember the name of a the forum fellow, but he lived with his Thai GF in an apartment (Pattaya?) and the GF pissed a neighbor off for some minor reason. Anyway, the neighbor threatened both several times and in the end they had to move since their feared for their life.

I believe that was Thalenoi in Chumpon.

BB

Speaking of murder there is a woman here in Australia who was tried and convicted for murdering her husband

after he disappeared.

After serving 14 years of a life sentence she was released on parole only to track him and

the woman he ran off with down.

Her claim now is that she can legally walk up and shoot him dead and there is nothing can be done as she cannot

be tried for the same crime twice.

Will be interesting to see how this one plays out as she seems keen on testing the theory.

Sounds like the film Double Jeopardy

I don't remember the name of a the forum fellow' date=' but he lived with his Thai GF in an apartment (Pattaya?) and the GF pissed a neighbor off for some minor reason. Anyway, the neighbor threatened both several times and in the end they had to move since their feared for their life.[/quote']

I believe that was Thalenoi in Chumpon.

BB

Your memory is excellent. It was Thalenoi. Here is his leading post. Link

Archived