Phuket Murder

shygye

The owner of Phuket's popular Farang Restaurants was shot dead while sitting in one of his eateries on Friday night, police said yesterday.

Chid Rakngam, 36, was shot in the head and appeared to be killed immediately. A 37-year-old man was injured in the shooting, according to police.

Police quoted witnesses as saying that the gunman appeared middle-aged and had fired three shots at the victim before fleeing on a waiting motorcycle.

Investigators said possible motives of the murder were conflicts involving business or relationships.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My wife's brother was shot 20 years ago when he tried to enter a "traditionally Chinese" business (dealing in pork). The gunman pumped 3 shots from a .45 automatic into his chest, then sped away on a motorcycle. Bro-in-law survived, even though one bullet reportedly grazed his heart. Still, he never fully regained his health and died in his early 40s of complications from the shooting. Unbelievably, the Chinaman believed to have hired the hit showed up at the funeral! My Mrs told me he would have lost face if he hadn't. She addressed the mourners and pointedly asked the guy if he was happy now.

LOS - where even the gunmen and gangsters smile at you. :p

I've known at least four people who were murdered. One was a professor killed in an apparent "fag bashing" in San Francisco, another a very close family friend executed gangland style during a robbery in Chicago, and the others friends killed in hits ordered by their wives (Tennessee and Alabama). The world is a very violent place ... everywhere.

Speaking of murder there is a woman here in Australia who was tried and convicted for murdering her husband

after he disappeared.

After serving 14 years of a life sentence she was released on parole only to track him and

the woman he ran off with down.

Her claim now is that she can legally walk up and shoot him dead and there is nothing can be done as she cannot

be tried for the same crime twice.

Will be interesting to see how this one plays out as she seems keen on testing the theory.

Archived