visa on entry 15 days

SiLeakHunt

I came back to Bangkok through Seoul last Friday and got my 30 day stamp as per usual. The wife and I are going upcountry this weekend and would like to take a day trip to Laos.

Does this mean my original 30 day entry will be reduced to 15 days? I'm not scheduled to leave Thailand until the 11th of February; but if I'm knocked down to 15 days I have to get out of here by the 8th of February.

I came back to Bangkok through Seoul last Friday and got my 30 day stamp as per usual. The wife and I are going upcountry this weekend and would like to take a day trip to Laos.

Does this mean my original 30 day entry will be reduced to 15 days? I'm not scheduled to leave Thailand until the 11th of February; but if I'm knocked down to 15 days I have to get out of here by the 8th of February.

Yes, as per the law, your 30 day stamp gets invalidated upon leaving the country.

Overland to Laos gets you 15 days only.

Time your daytrip so that it does not interfere.

BB

No you don't have to get out - just get a extension at your nearest Immigration people.

I suggest when returning from Loas continue straight on down the road for a 1 km, don;t turn left to Nong Kai city.

There you will find a Immigration office that is pretty good - shuts at 4 I think though.

ALSO coming back from Laos now they X-Ray hand luggage - just started this and almost lost my XMas Beer Laos!

Well it took a little work but everything turned out alright in the end. When we first got to the immigration one guy says no problem when you come back in you will still have the original day to leave. Another guy says the same thing. Of course TIT, when I get to the final point of no return I'm told "No, you can only stay for 15 days."

Off to the Immigration office just down the road. Filled out the re-entry permit application and plopped down 1500 baht. Left Thailand, did our tour of Vientiane then came back.

Sweated it a little as the guy checking me back in at first wasn't going to stamp for more than 15 days. But after some back and forth between him and the wife everything worked out fine. I got a stamp for my original departure day and everything is fine.

Archived