High Speed Train connection to Kanchanaburi

buffalo_bill

Gentlemen ,

railroad transportation is what I principally consider an adequate way of getting from A to B , preferably with the supply of decent food and the possibility to smoke a cigar under the utmost peaceful circumstances . All this is available on Thai railways train 295 leaving Bangkok Noi Thonburi station daily at 13:55 sharp . I would like to add that weekday trains leave from Bangkok Noi , weekends additionally from Hualumpong . They print arrival time 16:19 on the tickets which I rate as physically impossible , probably it takes them longer and longer since they established the connection and decided for the arrival time during the Rama IV period .

Truth being told , the train as such might have been en route at that time already . It is a 3rd class unit with wooden seats headed by an impressive diesel locomotive which races through the country in no time . Notice for all monks and military personnel on the Thai360 board : the last car provides VIP space for you selected few .

I do not wish to trouble the community with fatalities like me boarding the wrong train first and waiting one hour at a godforlorn " station " in a Bangkok suburb for one hour . I have the name on a photo and there were no taxis nor massage parlours , nothing but sleeping dogs .

Thai Railways 295 which I finally borded is a fully airconditioned train , meaning they leave all doors and windows open all the time which for example makes it possible to sit in the doors smoking a cigar and drinking Beer Chang which is in reasonably cool condition supplied by a mobile entrepreneur who was my only friend on the Bangkok suburb station where his operational center is . The pleasure culminates at Nakhon Pathom International where loads of further individuals board 295 with an enormous selection of food . Unfortunately I do not know the Thai expression for " Not sssapicy " and therefore had to throw parts of the food into the countryside from my place in the open door . Apologies for any inconvenience caused to local residents .

Safety warning : train chassis and road beds were not of major concern during the Rama IV period , walking through the train at full speed is therefore a piece of art . In particular on the connecting pieces between the coaches you might be thrown somewhere if you are not careful , or loose a foot or two . All hong nams provide cleaning hose .

Overall impression : The Eastern Oriental Express to Singapore is a piece of overpriced shite in comparison to Thai Railways 295 leaving Bangkok Noi at 13:55 . 295 is a masterpiece on the transport sector , I am delighted .

BuBi

Archived