Suggestions please :)

unregisturd

Hi,

My girlfriend and I are travelling to Thailand this February and desperately need some advice.

We plan on spending a total of 14 days or so in Thailand and basically want to spend time in Bangkok (4 days), Pattaya (3 days), Kho Samui(3 days) and Phuket (4days).

In Bangkok we would like to go shopping (Mainly for clothes i.e. knockoffs lol) and we plan visit some amusement parks (Don't have any at home)

We have checked some places in Sukhomvit (sp) and I wanted to know if this is close to Patpong or any other markets? Also is Patpong the best place to look for clothes etc?

Also, Can anyone make any suggestions for nice places to stay in Bangkok, Kho Samui, Pattaya and Phuket for under $100 a night?

Many Thanks

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sound advice especially if heading to Pattaya/sin city...

Patpong is definitely not the place where to look for clothes (except if you have incredible negotiating skills)

Clothes:

MBK like pointed above, a bit more upmarket but with sometimes great sales -> Robinson shopping centers chain, "Central" retail chain.

Amusement parks: You are better off in Euro disney ....

Except of course for "adult amusement parks" but I suppose that if girlfriend comes then it is out of question.

Sukhmvit is a very very long road and anyway this is not close to Patpong.

If you want to stay close to patpong then find an accomodation in Silom zone.

about budget: There are plenty of accomodation options under 100$ and possibly even some 5 stars hotels everywhere in Thailand.

Oh yeah. That $100 budget caught my eye and forgot to say something.

If you are calibrated to US standards where $100 will get you a room in something like a Marriott Courtyard, a Hilton or Doubletree, you can easily get the same for less than 2000 baht in Bangkok. You can get really decent oceanside bungalows in the coastal areas for less than 1500 baht/night. So don't let the low prices scare you off from a good deal.

You can get really decent oceanside bungalows in the coastal areas for less than 1500 baht/night.

decent oceanfront bungalows on Ko Samui or Phuket for less than 1500 THB during february=HIGH SEASON?

can you point out any as in my experience you hardly find any decent for less than 3000 THB (around 90 usd)!

Archived