Suggestions please :)

unregisturd

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks a lot guys :) Some good advice there :)

After reading your replies and speaking to some friends I think we might try and cut the trip down to Bangkok & Phuket and spend more time relaxing than running around.

The main reason for going to the amusement parks in Bangkok is because we don't have any here in Australia (Adelaide) T_T

But we will defintaly be doing some elephant trekking atc while in Phuket.

As for "taking sand to the beach", this sand is special :D

As far as clothes, keep in mind that

the majority of people are transvestites

in the places you're thinking of...

so you may want to wait until to you

get there and think about what

"gender" you want to dress us (if you

want to fit in with the "locals").

decent oceanfront bungalows on Ko Samui or Phuket for less than 1500 THB during february=HIGH SEASON?

can you point out any as in my experience you hardly find any decent for less than 3000 THB (around 90 usd)!

We must be using very different standards for decent.

In Ko Samui, I remember paying 1200 or so during high season. Room was basic but clean. No bathtub. It was called the dolphin or maybe the mermaid. It wasn't a dump and it was on the beach.

Thanks a lot guys :) Some good advice there :)

After reading your replies and speaking to some friends I think we might try and cut the trip down to Bangkok & Phuket and spend more time relaxing than running around.

Agreed, if you dream of quite beaches, blue water, e.g. Ko Samui is the wrong choice. Especially Chaweng Beach is completely over developed and has lost all of its charm. If have heard that this happened to other beaches as well...

Agreed, if you dream of quite beaches, blue water, e.g. Ko Samui is the wrong choice. Especially Chaweng Beach is completely over developed and has lost all of its charm. If have heard that this happened to other beaches as well...

Ko Phi Phi is nice. Beaches lined with limestone cliffs. Almost too quiet though. After about 5 days I was ready to ferry back over to Phuket.

In Ko Samui, I remember paying 1200 or so during high season. Room was basic but clean. No bathtub. It was called the dolphin or maybe the mermaid. It wasn't a dump and it was on the beach.

probably on Ko Samui there are still some very BASIC (not decent) bungalows at the beach for less than 1500 in high season; but you have to look very hard! much more difficult on Phuket (i would say impossible on Patong!)

Archived