Business in Bangkok

Hello

Could you give me your feeling about business actually in Bangkok ?

I don't mean sex business , but normal business like restaurant ..

Did somebody already set up this kind of business .

Thanks

quote:

Originally posted by vibidoo:

Hello

Thanks

I have noticed one or two restaurants in Bangkok, I have even spotted a few shops and cinemas... who knows we might even see cars on the road one day...

Cheers

quote:

Originally posted by vibidoo:

Hello

Thanks

Now, fellas, this was an honest question and should be taken seriously.

Monsieur Vibidoo, no, there are no restaurants here. Please pack up your pots, pans, and escargot and report to Bangkok immediately.

We do have French fries though.

Alright, vibidoo, somewhat of a straight answer on what you are looking for....

I think Bangkok is a great city when it comes to restaurants (oops, should this be in another section?). I started a database of restaurants I have visited here several years ago. I have more than 150 entries in every kind of cuisine imaginable.

Restaurants here are constantly opening and closing. I believe the failure rate of restaurants anywhere is among the highest of any business.

I managed an Italian restaurant back in good old New Jersey and it quickly became easy for me to understand the high failure rate. Many reasons, but the number one, IMO, is great cooks/chefs who don't know squat about running a business.

I suspect it would be even more difficult for a farang in the LOS (Land of Somtam).

quote:

Originally posted by Sarisin:

I think Bangkok is a great city when it comes to restaurants (oops, should this be in another section?). I started a database of restaurants I have visited here several years ago. I have more than 150 entries in every kind of cuisine imaginable.

I suppose this is a bit off-topic for this topic but great: please tell me where there's some decent Mexican food. And I'm not talking about generic South American like at that place near the Medidian Hotel.

Haven't tried it but there is a Mexican edging Patpong. I think it is called the Fiesta. When I started typing this I thought they did a buffet on Tuedays BUT over the last minute or so my doubts have grown ??

If you go then let me know.

quote:

Originally posted by TEDBKK:

I suppose this is a bit off-topic for this topic but great: please tell me where there's some decent Mexican food. And I'm not talking about generic South American like at that place near the Medidian Hotel.

Um, in Gualalajara? How about Olvera Street in LA? No.

Well, you are right, of course, it is slim pickens here and I have often wondered why as you would think spicy Mexican food would be to the tastes of the locals. You may kill me for this, but there have been times I have said I would turn somersaults for a Taco Bell chalupa or taco grande.

Actually, one poster mentioned the El Fiesta on Silom at Patpong 1. Not bad, but the band can be annoying there. Then, you have the Senor Pico in the Rembrandt Hotel - I think that is on Sukhumvit Soi 19. But, I believe they have Cuban cuisine. There used to be a decent place on Sukhumvit 23 called Tia Maria, but I think that is gone now.

They do have a Mexican (among other foods) all you can eat buffet at Bourbon St. on Sukhumvit 22.

That's all my database shows - there are probably others. Fortunately, I think that place on Silom called El Gordo's closed up - you had to eat a bottle of Tums or Rolaids after just tasting the food there.

Oh, and there is Blue Parrot on Soi Pattayaland 2 in Pattaya that is OK.

What say we open a Chi Chi's or El Dorito's?

HI Guess

Yes I am from france , and what's wrong with that ???

My english is not so good , ok so let speak French ,German , and Chinese .

If you can , I can.

You feel all superior because English is your tonge language ???

I think here is not the right place to speak about business.

You are all pretty well in your small world forum.

I though before that the goal of this forum was to improve the life in Thailand .

But you don't care at all .

Ok Stay in the shadow and keep gossip everyone.

I am so sad for thai people ...

Archived