Where to buy DVDs , The Prisoner, Monty Python , etc

LAX

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you can find them here and there, but you'll have to look around...depending on where you buy them they cost not too much or they're reasonably priced...so look around, and spend a few baht, you probably won't be disappointed...or maybe you will, if the disc breaks down...so maybe you want to spend a bit more for a better-quality disc...but then again, it's hard to tell which discs are better-quality ones...so, in the end, i guess, quite possibly really, it's all kind of a crap-shoot when it comes down to it...so i'd suggest you buy a disc you think just might work for not too many baht in a place you think just might be ok and then watch it and stuff so then if you like it you maybe buy another one like yeah that was a good disc so maybe the new one is quite ok too like you know i could watch most of it and stuff so i want to see more so i buy another one for not too much and then everyone is happy and so on...you know...

hope this helps, let me know if you want to know more...

MBK. 4th floor? the shop(s) along the way, on the far left, if you are walking toward the BTS direction.

Pan Tip, no so good for older DVDs.

Pat Pong, wasn't there a shop on the Silom Road end? The shop was more or less built into the wall of the building?

For older DVDs, I found Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia to be the best...if you get over that way.

Fortune not so good for old videos.

Under the BTS station at Sala Dang, the stop for Patpong, on the side of the street opposite Patpong side but still under the BTS is a stall where the man sells regularly to Uni Students studying classic white man movies etc.

Dave,

I don't know if you are familiar with the Phahurat area but you might want to check out the area. There's a soi just of the main shopping plaza where there's wall to wall electronics and dvd vendors(can't remember the name of the soi, sorry). I usually get my dvd's from a shop wich is about 100 metres down the soi on the right. If you buy in bulk you can haggle 'em down to 30-40 baht per disc. Quality is fine, 95% of the dvd's are just as good as western ones.

Archived