Where to buy DVDs , The Prisoner, Monty Python , etc

LAX

Hi,

"it seems they want you to upload as much as you download , but I have nothing to upload !"

Correct, but they mean upload the same file to a ratio of at least 1:1. So, you just start downloading the file and when it is finished you check your ratio. If it is higher than 1:1 you can stop downloading, if it is lower, just keep the torrent running until it reaches the correct ratio.

You do not have to upload a different file.

It is basically sharing. While you are downloading bits and pieces from other people, they are doing the same; so you are uploading at the same time as you are downloading.

Hope that made sense.

Sanuk!

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Concur with KS, its OK just to upload what you have / are downloading.

Lots of old and recent British TV shows available including MP and the Prisoner. In the last monnth I have downloaded all 4 series of Auf Wiedersehen, Pet, all 6 series of Shameless, Ashes to Ashes (the follow up to Life on Mars) and an excellent Australian series Underbelly with no problems. Also the fact that the home cinema has USB port and plays AVI files means that I can copy files onto an external HDD and watch them, no need to durn onto DVD.

OK , it does not sound that hard

how fast of a download speed do I need ?

I have slow DSL so its 400-750 kbps

and what are the better torrents to try,

are some better than others if you are in the USA ?

or in Bangkok ?

Thanks , Dave

OK , it does not sound that hard

how fast of a download speed do I need ?

I have slow DSL so its 400-750 kbps

and what are the better torrents to try,

are some better than others if you are in the USA ?

or in Bangkok ?

Thanks , Dave

Some of the seeders leave comments regarding quality. There pretty handy for choosing what to download or leave well alone.

I usually use BT Junkie or Isohunt.

It is basically sharing.

Sanuk!

This is what I said weeks ago and caught hell fire for it! Glad you have seen the light! :)

Regarding good older/quality programs...I found Cambodia actually had a better selection of these then BKK. No idea why, but they did. They had Black Adder, Monty Python etc...older /classic movies as well. Decent quality, and I seem to recall the prices started at $3 a disk, and went down the more you bought.

I have the Monty Python box set, no idea how to share it with you.

Archived