A new board!

khunsanuk

Hi,

Well, looks like we are back.

Welcome to the new board!

As I mentioned earlier, and you might have figured out by now as well, this board works pretty much the same as the old one.

However, you might still encounter some problems or have questions. If you do, please use this thread, or start a new one in the Suggestions forum, and I will do my best to address the issue.

Also if there are any features you think are missing / would like to see added, feel free to ask and I'll see if I can find a hack for it.

Then now some specific issues...

Replying to posts:

You can now reply to specific posts, and the hierarchy of replies is visible by changing your view to Threaded (click the button at the top right of the thread screen, you can change this back and forth between Threaded and Flat by clicking on the button). This should make it a lot easier to keep track of who replied to which post.

Editing your posts:

You can now only edit your message within 6 hours of posting it. This can be changed if you think it is not enough.

Today's active threads:

Today's active threads has been renamed to 'View Recent Messages'. You can select posts from the last 24 or 48 hours, or the last 7 days.

Stylesheets:

The default stylesheet is the one called Nanaplaza, you are however free to change this to something that better suits your taste. For instance, if you are having trouble reading the small print, you might want to select one with large fonts.

Here's how to change your stylesheet:

"Click the 'Control Panel' link and scroll down to 'Main Configuration'. Click on 'Display Preferences'. You'll see and option that says 'which stylesheet (skin) do you want to use for your display?' Click the dropdown menu, and choose one of the options."

The board allows users to attach a small picture to their profile, an avatar, which will be displayed with every post.

Here's how to add one:

"Use the 'Main Configuration' table (inside the 'Control Panel'), click on 'Personal Information, email, password...'. Scroll down to 'Your Picture' and enter the URL to the image you wish to use."

You are free to add these, but with a few restrictions.

- size: please keep them small (say

- image: please keep the image in good taste, so no X-rated stuff and preferably even no nudity. Also I would like to ask you don't use them to advertise. In other words, these avatars are subject to the general board rules.

Polls:

Even though all the old polls are gone, this board does support polls. The way to make them is different though. To create a poll enter the following code into your post:

Please post them *only* in the polls section.

Attachments and images:

While both of these are possible using this board, we have decided to *not* allow them. This is mainly because of moderating issues. (This issue has been discussed to death already, so please don't bother asking me to change this policy.)

There are quite a lot more new features, and if you would like to check them please read the manual. It can be found here: http://www.infopop.com/support/support_userguides.html

Once again, any problems/requests, please don't hesitate to ask.

Enjoy the new board!

Sanuk!

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi KS !!!

Well done, but a few hitches....I think.........

- names : mine stayed the same, buth others...........

I found Nathan, checked his profile and he was / is LOSLOVER.......

Hmmmm........ same with yours BTW

- dates : a bit of a mix-up, no ? some of us are already on 9/3.........

- No of posts : gone ????

- signature : gone ????????

Cheers - BelgianBoy

This might be a bug if others can reproduce it:

Managing preferences changing text area columns from 60 -> 80 gets the error "Invalid text area value" , [ALT] [<-] 80 -> 60 [submit] and you get the same error message.

Several minutes after I noted this the board started spitting out mysql error messages (~`19.45 BKK Time) now it seems to work ok.

M$DOS 98 & IE 5

Hi KS:

Good work on the new system.

I was wondering about the number of posts not showing up too.

Could this be due to not using the standard title system?

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Archived