I wont be throwing baht around ..

gobbledonk

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
everyone is drawing in their horns ,its plain stupid to throw it around now ,you may not have a job in 6 months time .but we all hope mongers are adjusting their ST and LT rates downwards to compensate for the loss on the exchange rate .If you were paying 1000 ST then you should be offering 800 or 750 and no taxi tip unless the lady has taken exceptional care of you . Thais have been living in a fools paradise these past years so they need a reality check .IMO.

TIT...reality check...good luck on selling that!

global economics was never their strong point

And neither could they care. CB, I accept that some girls will accept less, but I am equally confident that the stunners will still ask for a fortune up front : its the nature of the beast. They dont care what it costs you or I to come up with a thousand baht, they just know that they are 'worth' 2,3 or whatever of those notes for 'x' hours of their time and energy. If you wont pay it, they rely on someone who isnt a Cheap Charlie to come up with the cash.

One of the girls on Soi Cowboy routinely asks for 4K LT and that didn't vary in the 2 months that I spent there last year - the fact that she was still smiling when I left Thailand (even then, there were some bloody long faces in the bars ..) told me that she was getting her asking price. In a few years, I expect that life will take its toll and that price will come down, but until then she will make hay while the sun shines. As with anything, you can always find someone whose rent is due etc, but I will be very surprised if the fire sale signs are out on the stunners.

Rewind 1997/98 - baht had crashed - girls asked the same as before it crashed.

Ah, they may have asked the same, but 'we' were actually paying almost _half_ of the gals asking price, in real terms.

Everything was cheaper then as Baht's exchange rate for western currencies had almost doubled during that period.

However, now it's just the opposite as we receive less Baht for our money.

agreed on the prices hot lookers demand, they will never reduce ,they would sooner starve .

I recall one in the Nana car park she was surrounded by mates who were in awe of her beauty and high cash call .I knew what was coming and declined the asking price .i hung around for a while and observed the scene and further guys tried her and they all walked away without buying.Maybe they have their regulars who will pay the higher price so arent bothered .a high price for a cold shag- we have all been there with the hot lookers so we save the bahts and move on. I had a really bad one in Nong Khai, cold and unpleasant as you could imagine .

Regulars=Sponsors!!

With the ongoing and worsening financial crisis sponsors might become more aware and stop or at least reduce their regular payments. So this damn recession would have at least one good side.

But I admit I would rather prefer to pay 4,000 THB for a looker than facing such an uncertain economical future...

Archived