I wont be throwing baht around ..

gobbledonk

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shit I've had plenty of Taxis that never have change for 1000 - waste of time going to shops to get change etc when your rushing to a meeting - I always make sure to give the driver the 1K note to pay toll so as to have change.

Motor Bikes taxi's are the worst. The number of times they don't have change for a 100 or even a 50. :(

Yeah, I know I'll do a lot better when I get to an ATM in BKK, but I dont like landing in another country without some local currency. The bandits who masquerade as currency exchange agents in Brissie absolutely gouged me when I bought 2K baht last night...

Dude, that is really kinda silly. a) You *always* get a better exchange rate when you buy third world currency in that country when using first world money; and B) there are ATMs (and bank money-changers) in the luggage hall. You cannot possibly need baht before then!

Cheers,

SD

everyone is drawing in their horns ,its plain stupid to throw it around now ,you may not have a job in 6 months time .but we all hope mongers are adjusting their ST and LT rates downwards to compensate for the loss on the exchange rate .If you were paying 1000 ST then you should be offering 800 or 750 and no taxi tip unless the lady has taken exceptional care of you . Thais have been living in a fools paradise these past years so they need a reality check .IMO.

Archived