I wont be throwing baht around ..

gobbledonk

Yeah, I know I'll do a lot better when I get to an ATM in BKK, but I dont like landing in another country without some local currency. The bandits who masquerade as currency exchange agents in Brissie absolutely gouged me when I bought 2K baht last night. I will be treating the baht with a lot more respect on this trip than I did in May-July last year ....

If anything, recent posts have me wondering if the Thais havent simply raised prices to make up for the lack of tourists - its a double whammy.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Steady on Jack ! 'Avoiding the nightlife areas all together ' ? Mate, if we do that then the bastards win - I'm only advocating a bit more (OK, a lot more ..) caution than I showed on my last trip, not total abstinence from worldly pleasures. :smirk:

I should expand on my statement and say that, I will be avoiding the rip off areas (eg naughty nightlife areas). Like my last few trip I will have a my "latest regular" with me for the duration. So i wont be going without when it comes to carnal activities :content: Might have a look at what the rest of the country has to offer.

Yeah, I know I'll do a lot better when I get to an ATM in BKK, but I dont like landing in another country without some local currency. The bandits who masquerade as currency exchange agents in Brissie absolutely gouged me when I bought 2K baht last night. I will be treating the baht with a lot more respect on this trip than I did in May-July last year ....

If anything, recent posts have me wondering if the Thais havent simply raised prices to make up for the lack of tourists - its a double whammy.

Next time, don't donate your last baht to the last hooker you see. Save a couple K for your return trip.

Just looking at it sitting there on your nightstand, waiting to be given to the first sweetie on your next trip will be a great inspiration for you!

Yeah, I hate arriving with zero local coin. ATM at the airport should be OK, but best to have that small amount of just-in-case in your pocket.

Archived