Looking at various boards/forums

drogon

I recently took a look at some forums/boards i haven't visited for a year.

One very well-known "nightlife" dedicated forum:

Plenty of "old posts" giving the impression it is very active but in fact very few new posts over the last months and always the "usual culprits" posting.

One sin city nightlife oriented forum: Quite active, plenty of flaming wars going on, not that many new users, no new info in general

Thaivisa: Usual bullshit, very active, lots of posters, SS style admins, plenty of inacurrate info....

All in all looking at the once very active nightlife boards/forums community, it seems that either LOS is losing its appeal or the crisis is hitting hard -> less and less sex tourists.

Expat population seems to decrease too...noticed quite a few old hands on various boards who vanished...

What is your take on this? Am I wrong?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Samak: Some forums are better being not named and anyway the 6 I visited/looked at are the 6 most popular ones about LOS in general (for some) and nightlife in particular (for the majority of them).

Yes people come and go but what I witness now is some forums dying....(I have been a community manager for two very popular MMORPG forums so I got a first hand experience seeing how a forum dies).

I realized that some board members complained about the nightlife section having few new posts but I witness this everywhere on LOS related boards....

-> Is the nightlife dying its slow death or is it simply punters not having the bucks to travel anymore....

I think this travel I will take a walk in SC just to remember how it is....Flashermac, this time I will hook up with you for sure.

I am just afraid that if we take a walk through SC maybe some people will think I am a tout trying to entice a mature farang into trying the nightlife delights :neener::beer:

Nope. They will thinking I am trying to corrupt an innocent newbie on his first visit to the Land of Sin. :D

p.s. Cowboy is alive and well these days. However, the prices are enough to cause many people to pinch their pennies. Drinks are expensive, when you consider how much the exchange rate for most currencies is down, especially sterling.

:rotfl:

Yes I read that now on SC you can sometimes pay 150+ bht for a beer.....

Soi 33 is cheaper especially during happy hours...

Nevertheless, I will certainly take a walk for oldtime sake -> and a few drinks in SC will not cost more than one damn shot of whisky back here (around 500-600 bht now for one shot of whisky here)

I really have to hook up with you this time, no matter if people believe I am your nephew or if you are my grandfather

:neener:

Luckily this time the missus will leave me some freetime to spend with some board members

:beer:

I live in a small town in a small province/state.

There was one other person in this small town who made regular trips to LOS. He had some skill in something to do with oil wells/rigs. I think he would obtain contracts to do specific jobs in the Middle East. He stated he had off time and he would use this off time to travel to Bangkok. He did have special friends in Thailand. I'm guessing, but I think those contracts gave him 2 or 3 breaks - for him to use anyway he wished. LOS was his constant destination. He visited LOS for decades.

But he was an older gent. And he has since passed on.

Countries like the USA provide only one, two, or three week vacation/holiday. Hard for those to make LOS their destination.

Unemployment or employment figures here are not good.

No one is buying anything. Let alone an expensive holiday in LOS.

Is there a bright side to this equation?

stickman commented on the dieing forums some time back,no new blood coming along ! ? lets face it its not very pleasant any more ,the laisez fair off the wall BKK of years gone by is no longer .

Hardened hookers with attitude & aggressive LBs and gouging prices to contend with .Its much harder to find a good looking easy going gal these days.

Thaivisa what a horrible forum of nothingness and censorship .so long as you post boring inane drivel you wont fall foul of the censors and get banned.

look at the losses > Clinton Plaza and the bars opposite, thats a whole zone of fun wiped out. Thermae is had its day ,Nippon stronghold and old hags mostly that have been there since Thermae 1.

Grace coffee shop gone, Angels disco dead and buried. Patpong is now on its last legs few if any good lookers and lots of LBs.Bars mostly dead .

Nana is very rough now and too much hassle on high prices. That leaves just the SC to keep you going ,its not much of a feast of gorgeous gals compared with days gone by.

Archived