Any fellow Yanks using Turbo Tax this year?

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm using the web-based programs for both Turbotax and H&R Block's tax systems online and funny thing is, for some reason I am getting a higher federal return from Turbotax than Block. Almost 1,000 dollars more!!!! State tax return on both came out exactly the same. I'm wondering why.

You can do it all without sending anything, for free, only pay if you actually file with either one. I just need my PIN or AGI numbers to finish the thing, but the gov offices are closed today for Washington's Birthday. Will finish it tomorrow and send it in. (Hmmmmm, go with Block who I have used for decades, or trust the Turbotax system and get an extra grand? :hmmm::shifty: )

WTF? True, Lib-Commie Demoncrats don't take deductions! OMG ! A true liberal Demoncrat would never, ever commit such a trespass. SD...you've given up your dirty little secret. You're a GOPer ! Admit it!

:rotl::rotl::rotl:

HH

As I was told in my first finance class in B-school, "To evade taxes is illegal. To avoid taxes is .... .... your civic duty."

SD, you are a true patriot.

OK, I've used this for a decade, and it has been *awesome*.

But this year's version ("Home & Business") seems to ignore the living abroad stuff and there seems to be no way to force it to acknowledge that a) I'm an expat, B) the $87+K deduction, nor c) to use the Form 2555?

WTF?

Anyone? Am I missing something here? Or did the shitty new interface also fuck over us expats?

Cheers,

SD

There is a lot that has always been missing from TurboTax ... I have never been able to use it. But it is a good way to collect and format 80% of my data, and hand it over to my accountant who uses the TT professional edition.

Sorry to hear than are reducing even more functionality.

Archived