Jaded by Pattaya

cheekyboy

The thing that is wrong with Pattaya and BKK is the cynicism of the old hands colliding with the internet age.

Very true. But the girls use the internet too. It's become a major weapon in their arsenal. I think the internet, cell-phones, skype etc. have changed the Thai scene totally. For better or worse is a matter of opinion. Personally I liked it better before. There I go sounding cynical. :smirk:

AS for CB's cut and paste from Stick. Why not just start a thread about something interesting he saw on Stick....post a paragraph or two (with the link) and see how it goes from there?

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Back to the original post.

I love Patters, but now I think I'll shoot myself.

Monty Python's travel agent rant springs to mind, glass 1/2 empty and all that.

If you can't go to Patters and have a good time, it's probably a good thing. I hear religion is an alternative to fun.

Much like self immolation is a good way to avoid intimacy.

Take it from me, a week on a beach with a boring book is not where you'll get an epiphany.

And as we all know Pattaya is full of epiphanies.

Cheers

Coss

With all due respect - I have walked down the same streets, seen some of the same things but don't feel the same at all...Pattaya is great for a blowout...a week at the most..a month in Pattaya is a recipe for dissatisfaction...if you have a month for Thailand - try a week in Pattaya, a week in Phuket a week in BKK and then a new place every year...your lack of imagination is the problem, not Pattaya..

partial C&Ps dont usually generate many replies and as this forum suffers from little traffic thats why i did the lot ,and frequently too. otherwise theres nothing to discuss ..

as for the old days of snail mail and no cellphones etc ,sponsors were happy in their ignorance and nothing could sully their dream. Gals had to be carefull about where their next punter was coming from but now any good looker will have 4-5 regulars in BKK and maybe some sponsors as well .so she doesnt need to poll dance any more .she can plan months ahead and lie in bed till late and take things easy, knowing that regulars will turn up on the same days each week .

"So I say F U to rants like the original post because a big reason the scene is the way it is today is because of people like the author."

You nailed it especially with this phrase & pretty much your whole post that went with it.

Thanks for posting those thoughts making this whole thread worthwhile despite it's odds :up:

:bow: :bow: :bow:

P.s. sadly I can't deny being part of the 'cause' of the GFE decline i.e. gogo factories :(

People are just not into accepting blame for a problem. It is so much easier to externalize it. I do get a laugh when someone that has been going to Pattaya for say 10-15 years blames the internet and mobile phones for it not being any fun anymore.

I mean, think about it.

:hmmm:

TH

..not directed at you, TH. Sorry, I pressed the wrong button.

IMHO I don't mind CB's cut and paste.... saves me chasing links. To keep the forum lively, the more posts the merrier in any format.

What I find unnecessary is repeated quoting of the entire lengthy article... makes for tedious scrolling.

Perhaps just a brief intro with a link would enhance the OP, but the subject line explains the content in this instance.

As for original article, the author has taken the worst possible scenario and laid it on with a trowel in order to satirize Sin City for whatever motives??

I still love Pattaya after 15 years of visiting and 8 years of living here. After an absence back in farangland I always feel alive again when I return here. Maybe it's the author who has become jaded and not the Pattaya scene with all its players.

:beer:

Archived