drugs and baseball???

Zaad

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Re Tiger and HGH. I know nothing, heard nothing and don't care to speculate. Even if he did use something illegal, they weren't testing back then so, oh well.

I believe the majority of PGA pros are now agreeable to some form of random drug testing. Not that they think it's necessary - only for the credibility of the game.

Yo' date='

I've read some stories on the use of steroids in the baseball world and I just don't get it. Does one really need a drug to enhance a perfomance in .. baseball? Nothing against the sport, but IMO incomparable to the likes of swimming or cycling which are WAYYYYYYYY tougher and so yes, I'd understand (not condone) the use of drugs in order to compete at top level in a very physically demanding sport like that ... but baseball???? I just don't get it!

Anybody?

:crazy:[/quote']

A minor league player makes, at most, about $75,000 a year. Most make waaay less.

An league minimum wage major league baseball player makes over $300K.

The highest paid player, Alex Rodriguez, makes about $27 million per year.

And you wonder why someone would take a performance enhancing drug?

Wow, had no idea this topic would generate so many replies during my absence :crazy:

Well, a lot's been said and the one thing that comes closest to being a 'valid excuse' is that it reduces the recovery time during injuries.

What I wanted to stress out in my OP was that it seemed (to me) that a drug user and non-drug user in baseball are much closer top level-wise than say cycling. Didn't seem worth the risk, but what do they care if they get suspended for life after cashing in on millions. So yeah, money-wise I do understand the usage of drugs.

Archived