Is the times also changing in LOS?

WorldFun

Recently and with current government at the helm being related or not I won't comment, but I seem to notice certain changes of mind & ways of doing things that indicate change & probably for the better.

2 examples via news editor columns being 'sufficiency economy' & education 2 cores of a nation.

A recent floating marked as example of the (buddhist/LOS) sufficiency economy. Could it really work on a larger local or even global scale putting it in the current global economy light (inevitable capitalism bust & boom cycles):

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/2009/02/20/opinion/opinion_30096130.php

The other paper writes about recent exam system change:

http://www.bangkokpost.com/opinion/opinion/11964/exam-system-must-change

Personally the sufficiency idea seems like a nice romantic way of the communism, but given the amount of losses accounted for on a daily basis in current system it clearly is not a 'perfect' system far from it?

Nice and thanks for posting the articles but about the first point this is far too late and is just an utopy....(except if a "minister of love" is created)

That a "serious" newspaper like the nation dares to write something like that says a lot about LOS milky way of thinking.

Anyway, too many Thais are simply too greedy to let go their advantages and I don't see Thais people going back to live like in the 15th century...

Yes, greed and materialistic attachment should be avoided but this is not the way Thailand goes.

"Dreams are my reality" should have been the article's title.

Anyway, in this world -> the greedy bastards will always find a way to fuck up the majority of other people (especially the ones wanting to live in happines...)

Even USSR at its best times (before Stalin and some periods after) had its elite profiting...

Yeah I guess I had a 'romantic' moment when I posted although I'm totally aware of current state of affairs in LOS, but I guess people will still think Utopia ideas from time to time which of course is different than acting aka doing as preaching?

Personally I'm afraid I've become even more like those thais :(

Archived