What are the current options for wireless broadband internet access in LOS?

mongatu

No idea but it's never really referred to as wireless. Your technically right. VSAT is the common term for any satellite deliver of internet. iPSTAR really is a great platform and can't be compared to ADL etc. It has to be compared to VSAT solution by Gilat etc. In this case iPSTAR is 1/10 th the cost of traditional VSAT. Don't think of it as 4 times as expensive as ADSL. Apples and Oranges.

Same as e-learning is used to mean PC based learning in fact it really means any learning using electricity.

Did you find my company on the iPSTAR web site?

• 2 weeks later...

Well, thanks for the responses so far.

I was referring to wireless access like Edge, GPRS, but hoping to hear something a lot faster was available by now in Pattaya.

I think Hutch has a service that uses a USB modem that one hooks up to their laptop. Sounds like that might still be the best option for something a bit faster than EDGE that doesn't require a telephone line.

Ob course I know many hotels have internet access and such, but I'm staying in a funky old condo where I don't think they offer that. At least they didn't the last time I stayed there about 7 months ago.

Archived