It's not funny, but I can't stop laughing

TheCorinthian

I know this story brings up very varied memories for most people, and it's certainly not supposed to be funny, but this is the unluckiest mofo in the WORLD

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,510262,00.html

A 93-year-old Japanese man has become the first person certified as a survivor of both U.S. atomic bombings at the end of World War II, officials said Tuesday.

This is the part that 'kills me' (no pun intended)

Yamaguchi was in Hiroshima on a business trip on Aug. 6, 1945, when a U.S. B-29 dropped an atomic bomb on the city. He suffered serious burns to his upper body and spent the night in {what was left of} the city. He then returned to his hometown of Nagasaki just in time for the second attack, city officials said.

Talk about bad luck! Imagine returning home after being nuked and surviving, just in time to be nuked again!

(Some one save me a seat in hell for laughing about this....)

There was also a liberty ship's captain who lost 3 boats and still wanted to continue on the Murmansk's convoys...

Another was a Greek sailor, got 5 ships blown under his feet and still signed up ("fighting for his country's freedom was what he said").

Worst case I can remember in term of bad luck:

The Sullivan's brothers (if I spell their name correctly) who died together when their cruiser blew up.

PS: Sad for the man who got nuked twice but the atomic bombs were a "moral necessity" to stop the slaughter...

If I remember right, the bombadier at Nagasaki deviated from the city centre and dropped the bomb in sort of a bowl shaped valley. That spared most of the city from destruction. He already knew what the bomb could do from Hiroshima and tried to save as many as he could. That's probably why Yamaguchi is still around today.

There was also a liberty ship's captain who lost 3 boats and still wanted to continue on the Murmansk's convoys...

Another was a Greek sailor, got 5 ships blown under his feet and still signed up ("fighting for his country's freedom was what he said").

Worst case I can remember in term of bad luck:

The Sullivan's brothers (if I spell their name correctly) who died together when their cruiser blew up.

PS: Sad for the man who got nuked twice but the atomic bombs were a "moral necessity" to stop the slaughter...

Actually, if I recall properly, 1-2 of the Sullivan brothers survived the initial attack. 1 died later from wounds, and the last surviving one went nuts "looking for his brothers" jumped into the water, and was eaten by sharks. Sad story in any event.

Archived