Furthest North/South you've been ?

gobbledonk

Hi All,

KS, if you want to move this to Bored Bar, fair enough, but it loosely fits in Travel :)

I havent been to many places compared to most board members, particularly in an East-West direction, but I'll be happy if I never get this close to the Antarctic again. For those of you who live in places like Finland, you are most welcome to it.

South: 43°31�48�S 172°37�13�E

North: 25°16�14�N 110°17�31�E

By April, the mean temperature difference between these two is about 30 deg C :)

Cheers,

Gobble

FWIW, Bangkok is at 13°45�8�N 100°29�38�E. As I said, I havent ventured far in an East-West direction - just seem to go up and down :)

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

38°33'58.06"S 145°21'12.95"E is as far south I've been.

58°46'52.14"N 94°11'10.73"W is the farthest north. Unless you count 61°12'59.70"N 149°53'58.55"W, but that was just an unscheduled three hour stop on a trans-Pacific flight and we never left the airport (so I don't count it).

Not all that impressive. But I've been around the world more than a few times...

Cheers,

SD

SD, you must have more frequent flyer miles than our PM, Kevin '747' Rudd ;)

I remember you telling me that you like Melbourne, so the South one wasnt too tough, and I'll take a wild guess that you've been to Canada at some stage. Seeing the footage of frozen sandbags holding back that icy river in Fargo reminded me just how badly I need to live in a warm climate.

Ya, if you don't feel like plugging the the coordinates into Google Earth, furthest south was Woolamai (Phillip Island); north was Churchill (ex-wife wanted to see polar bears -- so did I -- so we went for five days). The exception was Anchorage.

Cheers,

SD

hmm not sure traveling (lots) places is impressive, but I do tend to enjoy it especially now that I haven't left LOS for more than 90days meaning I'm one of those 'stuck' with the 90day reports :hmmm:

anyway southernmost I made it so far must be Wellington, NZ while north must be some place near Trondheim, NO not so far north of the polar circle...

Could be interesting to make it all the way further up to the top of Norway & Europe at 'Nordkapp' ;)

Walked up into "Arctic Circle" down into Sweden. (In Summer)

Furthermost North would be Somewhere North of Tromso and then I walked down into Sweden.

Furthermost South would be Invercragil - New Zealand - No idea latitude

Archived