Nice Hotel near New Airport???

Pianoman

I am flying out, then back in at the New Airport and would like a Nice (1200 to 2000 baht per night) hotel close to the airport... Two of the better hotels I have found listed are "No Smoking" which rules them out for this old chain smoker, especially before and after 20+ hour flights... And others listed on some of the Hotel Listing Services are located "25 minutes" or more from the airport, which could be almost downtown Bangkok...

Pianoman

Novotel Suvarnabhumi Airport Hotel

Racha-Taeva, Bangpli , Samutprakarn 10540

www.novotel.com

Grand Inn Come Hotel

99 Moo 6, Kingkaew Road, Rachataeva,

Bangplee, Samut Prakarn 10540

www.grandinncome-hotel.com

Floral Shire Resort is a newly established accommodation destination situated close to Suvarnabhumi International Airport in Bangkok. This excellent two star property has just come to light in June 2007 and is an ideal choice for transit stopovers and business trips. Excellent hospitality and closeness with the airport are the two important features of this budget hotel.

-No idea if "Nice" or not. The actual airport hotel is priced about THB 5,000 per night.

The Floral Shire Resort I heard was USD 30 per night.

Being as this is in the middle of Songkran, I would prefer to stay outside of Bangkok and away from any "Water Maddness" that may be going on around the downtown Hotels... That is why I requested a hotel near the airport...

Pianoman

In this case Queen's Garden Resort will be ideal. 10 minutes from the airport, under 1,000 baht and very new. My wife stayed there once, she thought it was OK. There is apparently nothing around it within walking distance so this should keep you safe from celebrations, but you'd better be self sufficient.

Archived