Thais and Democracy

bust

I have nothing "against" Singapore Singaporeons or any other country or people. I simply don't look at the world that way.

But I do make negative comments about policies, rules, practices and, yes, leaders, that I think are bad. Some people :dunno: don't seem to understand the difference.

And come on: "Singapore leaders selfless?" Shygye got that one exactly right, but why would anyone say something that silly in the first place?? You gotta wonder.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

TH - having lived there so much and only within local homes - wasn't a expat child - I can only add what I know - many are not happy - the draconian laws stiffle them - Lee Senior had the right idea - to make Singapore work you had to keep them under thumb - but at what cost? The Kampongs I knew are all gone - as are the traditions etc.

Reason why Goh was liked was that he made things "easier" - something the Major is trying to rein back in much to many peoples annoyance.

I would slightly disagree with Shyguy - the old guard was more selfless than the new -

Archived