Thais and Democracy

bust

I am beginning to find the entire thai politics a bit boring now :sleeping::sleeping::sleeping:

Have just updated myself of the political scene over the last 15-20 years it's clear that the Thai people are incapable of democracy so where to from here.

I know it's easy to make judgement from afar but fuck me is there any possibilty of democracy in LOS?

I'm beginning to think not.

Happy Easter All :happyeaster: :happyeaster: :happyeaster:

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not so sure it's the people (meaning the voters), more the system and those who run it...even Abhisit a supposedly foreign educated man and someone who should possess insight having had time outside the country to reflect, seems consumed by the lust for power and absolute control. He's abusing his privilege by all the censorship and misinformation his government seem to be intent on utilising.

I think democracy here is theoretically fine, but they really do need some politicians with Thailand's best interests at heart and not their own pockets.

democracy is pretty much a western concept and some western governments, in particular the US behave like a mix of crusaders and missionaries to implement democracy as salvation in all other "underdeveloped" countries.

and if democracy struggles in certain countries, it is always taken as a evidence, how underdeveloped that country is and how immature and uneducated the people are!

do you think for example Singapore is democratic in a western sense! Then you have no idea about the way and methods the ruling clan there sustain its power!

for me the current situation in Thailand is just a fight for power among different groups; it's not about the question democracy or not

I'm not so sure it's the people (meaning the voters), more the system and those who run it...even Abhisit a supposedly foreign educated man and someone who should possess insight having had time outside the country to reflect, seems consumed by the lust for power and absolute control. He's abusing his privilege by all the censorship and misinformation his government seem to be intent on utilising.

I think democracy here is theoretically fine, but they really do need some politicians with Thailand's best interests at heart and not their own pockets.

full agree. And someone who doesn''t act after the meaning "don't give to much power to the poor".

:happyeaster:

Archived