Tuk Tuk

Partyguy

-> you do like the Thais...You tell first where you want to go -> then you ask how much.....then you pass to the following one and do the same as the first one told you 300 bht for 1km...

-> realized that this was one occurence when the Thais and me were equals....the Thais got the same bullshit prices as me (when you are carrying the week's food coming out of villa market or foodland...)

And in the end, you grab a taxi and start again the same comedy...especially funny under heavy rain

:dunno:

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
.... You'd hop in' date=' tell the driver where you were going and he'd make his rounds of the city. When you got off, you paid the fare....[/quote']

:hmmm: You get into a vehicle, you tell the driver where you want to go and when you get there you pay the driver. Sounds like a novel method of transport. Perhaps you should patent it before it catches on elsewhere. ;)

I should have added that the fare was fixed. No haggling over it before or after. Didn't matter how far or near the destination was.

There are times when I wouldn't mind even 10 or 20%...but some of these clowns are even too lazy to even stop...

This is why I always tipped very well a few taxi drivers...they were always older men, spoke politely (Thai), were helpful and not rude....

:applause::bow:

I know someone who on his first trip to Bangkok rode a tuk-tuk from Sukhumwit to Don Muang Airport! Took him a while to get there.

On my second trip in 1989 I, a friend and his GF rode a tuk tuk from Korat to Buriram. The trip took 3.5 hours. There are probably not many board members that can beat that. :neener:

ALHOLK

Archived