If You've Always Wanted To Go To Cuba Then Do It Soon

The_Munchmaster

I've been wanting to visit Cuba for years. I almost did in 2003 but went to Brazil instead. In hindsight I should have gone to Cuba as I probably wouldn't have been robbed at knifepoint there!

Anyway I'm thinking that if I'm going to go then I'd better go soon because, with the way relationships between Cuba and the USA appear to be warming up, I want to experience it before there's a McDonalds, Starbucks and FKC on every Havana street corner.

Link

I prefer FKC...

But no need for all this -> as last time I was there Cuba was still a thoroughly third world country with plenty of young women looking for some funding...

Not my fault if Cuba chose the wrong leader and political system.

Only time in my life when I bed a doctor who was earning less than me....(far less in fact)

:banghead:

Thanks to the Lider maximo...

But no need for all this -> as last time I was there Cuba was still a thoroughly third world country....

That's my point. It is a third world country now but that will change very rapidly once the USA starts to normalise relations.

Obama has already lifted restrictions on Cuban Americans travelling to Cuba and on the amount of money they can remit to Cuba. What happens when they lift restrictions on all Americans travelling to Cuba and American companies doing business there?

That's when Cuba will change and I'd like to see it before that happens.

It's not true :neener:

....Italians going on "expensive" holidays is as incredible as Spanish going on "expensive holidays".

Ok you might meet a few Italians and Spanish but they are the ones who still have a job.

PS: More seriously, avoid the beaches...-> they are full of chartered tourists looking for some sun.

:beer:

Archived