Police close 2 bars in NEP

Police tonight raided 2 bars in NEP, Obsession and Hollywood on the Ground Floor. Obsession has apparently been closed for showing,(How katoys can show beats me)

Hollywood was closed for having underage girls on the premises. I was in another bar at the time when someone came running in and a number of girls then ran out the back.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll go for a rephrase on Out the back.

They ran from the bar area into the changing rooms area at the back.

Asfor the katoys showing, they are legally men, men can go topless, the katoys upstairs have in the recent past wondered around outside showing. Amazingly, or rather not, it was the farang owned katoy bar that got hit.

They also hit Voodoo, Carnival, G-Spot and several other bars. I wasn't aware that they had closed Obsession or Hollywood, but I just got back in town this afternoon.

Bar owners are required to keep a photo of each girl and a copy of her ID along with her timecard.

Are they "hitting" the bars for (a) showing, (B) underage girls, © all of the above, or (d) none of the above (in other words, something else altogether)?

When I was out last Friday I got the feeling that everything was starting to return to normal. Perhaps I was wrong.

Are the bars still showing or is it back to what is was like about a month ago? Inquiring minds want to know.

FYI...All bars, including Hollywood and Obsession are now open and all bars that want to are topless. The police were mostly looking for underage employees.

Archived