Police close 2 bars in NEP

Not sure what I think about underage girls working in Nana. I've got one 17 year old niece-by-marriage working as a dancer in Nana and a 14 year old working as a Dek Serve. They have a sister who is 3 that I treasure and I'm not so sure I'm keen on her starting to work in the bars in 11 short years. Where do you draw the line?

Blame the mother? The mother never knew her mother and hardly ever saw her father. Never attended a day of school and can't read. Basically, raised herself in a small village in Surin where about the only work available is looking for work. She had no idea how to raise children, so just let them grow up wild like she grew up. Neither daughter ever attended school.

My nieces mother married a nice guy a few years ago and they had the current three year old. Their combined monthly income is about 4,500 Baht working for me, cleaning stuff, part-time. Their share of the rent in a small one room apartment they share with 2 others would be 1,500 Baht if my wife didn't pick that up for her.

The older daughter almost got lucky about 6 months ago when a nice 22 year old farang, living with his father and a 23 year old Thai stepmother, wanted to marry her and put her in school. But, the Thai stepmother convinced the father it was a bad idea and the guy was forbidden to see her any more.

Thought it was pretty great when the daughters came to work a couple years ago and started bringing home some money. She built a cute little house in the village. House is almost complete but work has pretty much stopped at the moment. Seems the 17 year old dancer, who brings home most of the money, has fallen in love with an older Thai man working as a DJ in one of the GoGo bars. So, all her money goes to him now. Of course, the Thai man has a wife and child in Surin about 12 kilometers from the village where the dancers family lives.

So, I give up, should young girls be working in the bars? Maybe I should adopt the 3 year old and raise her, but how many kids can I raise? I'm already raising 3 and helping with school fees for 2 others. Damned if I know what is right and wrong here.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"So, I give up, should young girls be working in the bars?"

TC, Most of us don't want to see really young girls working in the bars when they should still be in school, but the alternatives (starving, working in the streets or for an abusive pimp) can be worse. There's no easy or black and white answers for many situations. We can't solve all the problems in the world, but it sounds like you care about your employees and do what you can to help those in need.

Shotover

Guest lazyphil

So under age girls alternatives could be worse, working for an abusive pimp. Isn't it possible a young girl could be bar fined by an abuse customer.

It sickens me to think there are pieces of s**t out there who enjoy using underage girls.

"So under age girls alternatives could be worse, working for an abusive pimp. Isn't it possible a young girl could be bar fined by an abuse customer. It sickens me to think there are pieces of s**t out there who enjoy using underage girls."

I share your dislike of men who misuse underage girls, as I'm sure most posters on this board do. Any girl, regardless of age, who works in the bar business can get an abusive customer. I was just trying to make a distinction between a bar owner/manager who cares about their employees and a pimp who gurantees the ladies working for him are abused.

Guest lazyphil

I'm sure most guys on this board are repulsed by under age prostitution, I was just speaking my mind and wasn't trying to flame, that is unless someone out there has a guilty conscience.

Of course any person working like this is open to abuse even if they are over the legal age. At least there is a slim chance someone with a bit of maturity can decide to get out even if the options may be bleak. It must be our business to kick the ass of those we see perving on underage girls.

underage?.

in the uk age of consent is 16,thailand 19(with falang).

would you people out there flame me if i had sex with a 17 year old in thailand, but have sex with a 17 year old in uk?.

is it just a question of the respective legal age of consent in different countries?

personally i would'nt go with an underage thai girl knowingly,but sometimes you never know.

i have a good friend who works as a barmaid in a bar in phuket who for the last 2 years has told me she is 18 and i would not go with her even though i want her very much and she is a strange one.

i asked her one day if she would consider being a BG and she said yes,why not?,easy money,a fuck here a fuck there,and she has told me she is a virgin,no thai or falang men have entered her.

i was surprised at her attitude,but as she has worked in a very busy street for a while i suppose she has become hardened to it in her own way.

Age of consent huh..well I heard that holland is 12...

new zealand is 16 like most countries....

BUT underage for me is someone who is naive and doesn't know what she is doing, you are suducing her thats BAD!..

nice girls 15-16 years old off to school meet a man cool 25=30 years old had a car bla bla bla, shaggs the girl, she starts to fail at school , smoke do drugs etc....thats why underage is bad...it ruins girls lives...

BUT, now in third world countires, no parents, been working the streets since 13 now she is 15... well...thats another question isn't it...want to see her going to school, having a boyfriend etc...but fact is it aint going to happen, might help a few but hard to help and prevent them all from happening in this global economy and war of a planet....

Personally I don't shagg anything under 20...why?..because I just feel she doesn't really know what the game is....

Underage kids deserve to be kids, let them have there childhood, even though some have them ripped away at at early age...AND THOSE PIMPS WHO MAKE MONEY FROM RUINING YOUNG GIRLS LIVES!!!!.they should be locked away.

they are to blame also.......

ohhhhhhhhhh sensitive issue especially as a father of 4 year old daughter.....

Still a thai virgin

Hi Topcat,

if her boyfriend is the DJ of the dollhouse at Clinton, I know her. She was a nice girl until she got in touch with this pimp. Now she smokes, drinks and takes lots of Ja Baa. She looks pretty sleazy now. Sad story, but talking to her won't do any good.

I am glad to hear police are doing sweeps looking for underage teens. Helps to make sure that those of us who go to the bars/discos for sanuk run less of a risk of spending the nest 3 or 6 years in a Thai prison.

Along with many others who have expressed this view, I am sickened by guys who are attracted to children and underage teens. A universal age of consent of 21 would be just fine for me!

Archived