Where to go with the Isaan clan?

AloyMak

I'm taking a bunch of Isaan village folk out for dinner in bangkok. The first time I took them out I was dismayed to learn they were uncomfortable throughout the meal as they felt very out of place and thought even the waiters were looking down on them.

So nowadays the special meal of choice is the moo-kata all-you-can-eat grill and hotpot for 98 baht/person. I'm kinda sick of them myself and was wondering if anyone had a recommendation for an equivalently gluttonous but unpretentious meal. It can be more expensive but as I've worked hard to cultivate the impression of a hard-working guy who watches every baht, it can't be seen as wasteful. For example, if it is expensive because it has great food that's fine. But if it is expensive because it is inside the JW Marriott or on a boat or on the top floor of a skyscraper, I think I better pass.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi

Just take them to Isaan Twaan Dand, this is Isaan night spot, with live isaan dance, and food. They would freak out in this place and it costs a fraction... in $$$$$... I luv this place.. just remember to have to garland the girls on the stage .. a Bhat 100, have they would join for the drinks & food in there break time....majority of cabs in suk know this this place.

cheers

Archived