idiot itunes/ipod question

Guest baldrick

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
....Also, if you have set up a iTunes account (at the iTunes shop) and if it is a standard music you just ripped, iTunes will add CD info's automatically - otherwise you will have to add CD name, artists and titles manually....

Kamui, I don't think this is quite correct. I don't have an account at the itunes shop because living in the ME I can't get one, although don't know why, however itunes still adds the CD name, artists and titles, it just won't add the artwork for which you do need an account.

....Also' date=' if you have set up a iTunes account (at the iTunes shop) and if it is a standard music you just ripped, iTunes will add CD info's automatically - otherwise you will have to add CD name, artists and titles manually....[/quote']

Kamui, I don't think this is quite correct. I don't have an account at the itunes shop because living in the ME I can't get one, although don't know why, however itunes still adds the CD name, artists and titles, it just won't add the artwork for which you do need an account.

Munchie for the first time in a long time I will agree to disagree with you on that comment.

Once you have your Library in iTunes its then just a matter of looking online for the artwork and saving into "known folder"

To update iTunes files CTRL+I (Information) allows one to add artwork from predefined location against selected tracks / album.

Maybe because I do it all the time I do it with my eyes closed but This Link shows the basics, its all ones and zeroes!

....Also' date=' if you have set up a iTunes account (at the iTunes shop) and if it is a standard music you just ripped, iTunes will add CD info's automatically - otherwise you will have to add CD name, artists and titles manually....[/quote']

Munchie for the first time in a long time I will agree to disagree with you on that comment.

Once you have your Library in iTunes its then just a matter of looking online for the artwork and saving into "known folder"

To update iTunes files CTRL+I (Information) allows one to add artwork from predefined location against selected tracks / album.

Maybe because I do it all the time I do it with my eyes closed but This Link shows the basics, its all ones and zeroes!

Ahh, I was disagreeing with Kamui that you have to have an itunes account to get the CD info? So you agree with him that you do? I presume not, because you don't.

I'll try your link to get the Artwork.

Any idea why itunes won't sell it's tunes to people in the ME? Surely our CC's are as good as anyone else's?

In the States they burn 'em instead of ripping them but it makes such a fecken mess to clean up afterwards and the smell is awful. ;)

Technically burning and ripping are two different things. Ripping implies copying the files from another media format, i.e. cd files onto your hardisk. Burning is when you put the files onto another medium, for example copying files from your PC to a cd or dvd.

Ok simply put.

Itunes can search for all your songs on your hard disk (and any cd's in the drive).

It then builds up a libaray.

You can then create a "play list" (I would do this if you are likely to have multiple ipods in the household).

You then simply move the files from the libary to the playlist. Deleting files in the libaray will not delete the files from your hard disk.

Once you are happy with the playlist, simply plug in your ipod and it would transfer them to your ipod.

You dont have to create a playlist but its a good idea as you can create more than one.For example you could have "phils faves" and "Phils Xmas songs" and "Phils Songs for making love to" etc :)

All the action is done in Itunes, not on your ipod, you cant delete, edit, etc files just using the ipod itself, you need to do it all from Itunes.

Dont worry if it sounds daunting, Itunes takes a while to get used too, but once you do you'll be working it like a Beach road pro.

And for what its worth, Itunes is a piece of crap. I really think they could of done so much better to make it user friendly.

There's no way to deleate a song using the controls off of the I-pod. In other words, there is no deleate button on the I-pod. You have to deleate it from the list of songs on your I-tunes, connect the I-pod to your computer while the I-Tunes site is open and the song or songs will be deleated. Since I no longer have access to my original I-Tunes list of 2,400 songs, I can't plug my I-pod to my computer, as I have a new I-Tunes list of 6 songs. I did pay $20 to get my list of I-pod songs transfered to my computer but have no idea on how to transfer that list to my new I-Tunes list. Any ideas? I don't want to spend a month re-gathering the 2,400 songs all over again.

Archived